Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Lunch times are very short. All students from each table has to be seated with their lunch before anyone at the table is allowed to eat. If your childs class is the last table sat, they have maybe 5 minutes to eat. I understand wanting an orderly cafeteria. However, I feel if my child or any child is still eating, they should be allowed to finish their meal before being rushed out. I have many complaints but, most are small.

Every year, I say we have the best teacher. My children have attended Skyranch for the last 18 years. The staff are excellant. Mrs. Hendrix, is doing a great job. She puts in alot of hours, trying to continually better the school. My children, have amazed me, with how much, and quickly they have learned. I love this school. Proud to say it is ours.

My kids have been at sky ranch for going on 6 years and if sky ranch wasn't right by my house my girls wouldn't be going there...the pre-k and kindergarten teachers are truly amazing and so is the special ed program but everyone else minus a few don't give a damn about anything or anyone. they do not take bulling serious, but child has already started self harming herself do to a girl at that school and the principle or the counselor couldn't care less all they say is we will talk to her mom will that's not working and they don't care. they have 0 patients for kids with ADHD and they don't care about making learning fun or anything like that its all about the test and when state testing comes around they stress the kids out over it to the point where numerous kids i know just get overwhelmed and cant eat its crazy i cant wait till we are out of this school for good.....oh and the dropping off and picking up your kids is a huge joke dangerous and just all around a joke!!!!! if i could give no stars i would

My children transferred to this school about three weeks ago and I'm very impressed with how welcoming the staff are and how they've helped both children transition without a problem. I've never seen my sin so happy about school which was always a problem for him as past schools have given up on him

My family has been at Sky Ranch for several years now. Long enough to witness many changes. Sky Ranch has been a work in progress since there was administration change and it has shown! Mrs. Hendrix is very compassionate about her school and all of those children. The changes she has made since taking the head principal role has been quite obvious everywhere! Even our children's test scores have bumped up quite a bit in a short year! Some previous reviews on here had parents complaining about too much focus on testing, I can understand when there can be a problem with this, but in the past, Sky Ranch's School Grade was very Poor. Our Students were not doing well academically. We are a Title 1 school and it takes a lot of work to give the students what they need to excel. In a year's time, with new leadership, our school is moving up and it shows!

I love Sky Ranch! The staff is wonderful. I love all the new changes this year. I have always felt my kids are safe and truly cared for.

The changes made in this school are proving to be child-centered and very positive! All the teachers work together as a team and you can tell they love the kids. The leadership is strong and determined to make this a safe learning environment.

Probably a problem with all Moore elementary schools, having the 6th graders in the elementary means they all have to take turns having lunch. This year, my daughter doesn't get to eat lunch until 1pm. Add to that the fact that they allow very little time for them to finish their lunches and some of the teacher's are hostile to the kids engaging in self care (most allow water bottles, but none allow snacks; other don't let them go to the bathroom); you have a lot of grumpy, uncooperative kids. Another thing, this school is so focused on testing that they have eliminated art class for the 6th graders and replaced it with computer class so that they can learn to type and be better test takers. Sure would like my child to be learning to be a well rounded, critical thinker instead of being a pawn in this testing for money scheme the US has going on right now.

My daughter has been in kindergarten this year at skyranch. She has struggled a lot, she hates going to school everyday and begs me to stay home. She gets picked on by boys, and her teacher seems impatient with the children. My daughter told me her first week of school that her teacher "talks mean to her" so she doesnt like being there. She is bored and there is no fun in learning, all the focus is on passing tests! We will not be returning next year and I do not recommend this school!

I have been a parent at this school for many years with all of my children and I couldn't be happier. We had problems with prior administrations, but Ms Hendrix and Mr Dilbeck are fantastic. They are tough on bullying, they have fenced the playground, and they are always available to talk to me about my kids and their school experience. I LOVE the teachers. My kids are not easy kids and I have always had great communication from the staff. The changes to the school in the past year have really encouraged me and my children love going to school here.

Last modified Sky Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.