Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Sky Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2016
Lunch times are very short. All students from each table has to be seated with their lunch before anyone at the table is allowed to eat. If your childs class is the last table sat, they have maybe 5 minutes to eat. I understand wanting an orderly cafeteria. However, I feel if my child or any child is still eating, they should be allowed to finish their meal before being rushed out. I have many complaints but, most are small.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 25, 2016
I want to say thank you, to the entire staff. Everyone works together, to make this a wonderful place to learn.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 25, 2016
The entire staff is very strong willed. It definently reflects in the students. The kids at Skyranch, are determined.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 25, 2016
I have seen Mrs. Hendrix, carry around a crying pre k student, comforting them, like they were her own.

Posted February 25, 2016
Every year, I say we have the best teacher. My children have attended Skyranch for the last 18 years. The staff are excellant. Mrs. Hendrix, is doing a great job. She puts in alot of hours, trying to continually better the school. My children, have amazed me, with how much, and quickly they have learned. I love this school. Proud to say it is ours.

Sky Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2015
My kids have been at sky ranch for going on 6 years and if sky ranch wasn't right by my house my girls wouldn't be going there...the pre-k and kindergarten teachers are truly amazing and so is the special ed program but everyone else minus a few don't give a damn about anything or anyone. they do not take bulling serious, but child has already started self harming herself do to a girl at that school and the principle or the counselor couldn't care less all they say is we will talk to her mom will that's not working and they don't care. they have 0 patients for kids with ADHD and they don't care about making learning fun or anything like that its all about the test and when state testing comes around they stress the kids out over it to the point where numerous kids i know just get overwhelmed and cant eat its crazy i cant wait till we are out of this school for good.....oh and the dropping off and picking up your kids is a huge joke dangerous and just all around a joke!!!!! if i could give no stars i would

Sky Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2014
My children transferred to this school about three weeks ago and I'm very impressed with how welcoming the staff are and how they've helped both children transition without a problem. I've never seen my sin so happy about school which was always a problem for him as past schools have given up on him

Posted October 25, 2014
My family has been at Sky Ranch for several years now. Long enough to witness many changes. Sky Ranch has been a work in progress since there was administration change and it has shown! Mrs. Hendrix is very compassionate about her school and all of those children. The changes she has made since taking the head principal role has been quite obvious everywhere! Even our children's test scores have bumped up quite a bit in a short year! Some previous reviews on here had parents complaining about too much focus on testing, I can understand when there can be a problem with this, but in the past, Sky Ranch's School Grade was very Poor. Our Students were not doing well academically. We are a Title 1 school and it takes a lot of work to give the students what they need to excel. In a year's time, with new leadership, our school is moving up and it shows!

Posted October 25, 2014
I love Sky Ranch! The staff is wonderful. I love all the new changes this year. I have always felt my kids are safe and truly cared for.

Posted October 25, 2014
The changes made in this school are proving to be child-centered and very positive! All the teachers work together as a team and you can tell they love the kids. The leadership is strong and determined to make this a safe learning environment.

9501 South Western Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73139
Last modified Sky Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.