Sky Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2014
My children transferred to this school about three weeks ago and I'm very impressed with how welcoming the staff are and how they've helped both children transition without a problem. I've never seen my sin so happy about school which was always a problem for him as past schools have given up on him

Posted October 25, 2014
My family has been at Sky Ranch for several years now. Long enough to witness many changes. Sky Ranch has been a work in progress since there was administration change and it has shown! Mrs. Hendrix is very compassionate about her school and all of those children. The changes she has made since taking the head principal role has been quite obvious everywhere! Even our children's test scores have bumped up quite a bit in a short year! Some previous reviews on here had parents complaining about too much focus on testing, I can understand when there can be a problem with this, but in the past, Sky Ranch's School Grade was very Poor. Our Students were not doing well academically. We are a Title 1 school and it takes a lot of work to give the students what they need to excel. In a year's time, with new leadership, our school is moving up and it shows!

Posted October 25, 2014
I love Sky Ranch! The staff is wonderful. I love all the new changes this year. I have always felt my kids are safe and truly cared for.

Posted October 25, 2014
The changes made in this school are proving to be child-centered and very positive! All the teachers work together as a team and you can tell they love the kids. The leadership is strong and determined to make this a safe learning environment.

Sky Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted August 20, 2014
Probably a problem with all Moore elementary schools, having the 6th graders in the elementary means they all have to take turns having lunch. This year, my daughter doesn't get to eat lunch until 1pm. Add to that the fact that they allow very little time for them to finish their lunches and some of the teacher's are hostile to the kids engaging in self care (most allow water bottles, but none allow snacks; other don't let them go to the bathroom); you have a lot of grumpy, uncooperative kids. Another thing, this school is so focused on testing that they have eliminated art class for the 6th graders and replaced it with computer class so that they can learn to type and be better test takers. Sure would like my child to be learning to be a well rounded, critical thinker instead of being a pawn in this testing for money scheme the US has going on right now.

Sky Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted May 04, 2014
My daughter has been in kindergarten this year at skyranch. She has struggled a lot, she hates going to school everyday and begs me to stay home. She gets picked on by boys, and her teacher seems impatient with the children. My daughter told me her first week of school that her teacher "talks mean to her" so she doesnt like being there. She is bored and there is no fun in learning, all the focus is on passing tests! We will not be returning next year and I do not recommend this school!

Posted March 22, 2014
I have been a parent at this school for many years with all of my children and I couldn't be happier. We had problems with prior administrations, but Ms Hendrix and Mr Dilbeck are fantastic. They are tough on bullying, they have fenced the playground, and they are always available to talk to me about my kids and their school experience. I LOVE the teachers. My kids are not easy kids and I have always had great communication from the staff. The changes to the school in the past year have really encouraged me and my children love going to school here.

Sky Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted May 02, 2013
My children went to Sky Ranch for a very short period of time due to the lack of kindness at this school. My son was in kindergarten and every day that I picked him up from school the teacher never had a positive feed back. He would come home just really upset not wanting to go back. My daughter on the other hand had a great teacher and this teacher was great with her. Now that both of my kids are in school else were my son is ready to go to school before he even goes to bed at night. He is always telling us that he has had the best day ever (which seems to be every day) I am not saying that the first grade teachers are bad at all, just the kindergarten teachers make it seem like they are not very acclimated for teaching younger children. I would like to say that I liked the other staff members though.

Sky Ranch Elementary School 2

Posted October 22, 2012
This school does not deal with the bullying issues that has progressed at this school within the past three years they just pass the buck and say stuff to the parents to satisfy at that moment but never deal with the issue at hand, and if dealing with the situation it seems as though they forget what the issue is and just try to get the the child they seem to not like out of the school....The principal has no children of her own and is unable to understand how it tears a parent apart watching their child beg for help and to get them away from a specific teacher...I do not think this school has kids best interest at heart and have forgotten what they are their for I totally agree with previous review that the principal is friends with the teachers and forgets what is best for the children...I hope and pray they get someone in their that knows how and why a child can hurt and that there is MORE then one way that a child can learn.....

Sky Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2011
My daughter has been a student at Sky ranch for the past 3 years. We have had our ups and downs with them. They have an excellent curriculum and style fo teaching. A minor issue os the lack of safety they take in that their school yard is not fully fenced in, along the west side of the school boundry, their were fence planks from residences with nails sticking up, they lack a crossguard on the west side as well. I am moving my daughter from this school in hopes that she will be have a better chance in that they are not very ADHD friendly, they have called numerous times to confirm she had taken her medicine, like they prefer her on it, when a real school will work with the student so she is not pill dependent. their are minor things that need to be addressed but overall the teachers are amazing and the neighborhood is relatively safe. They also lack in sending home notifications to parents( depend on children to pass the message).

Sky Ranch Elementary School
9501 South Western Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73139
Last modified Sky Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sky Ranch Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top