Red Oak Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2014
I dont recommend this school. There are teachers who teach with fear and think yelling and degrading the children is okay. They arent allowed to talk at lunch or inside recess but the teachers expect the children to be angels all day and sit quietly for 7 hours and focus.there seems to be no reward system for doing good only criticism forwhen they mess up. We will not be attending this school next year.

Posted January 24, 2014
My 6th grader will be graduating out this year after attending Red Oak K-6. We've had a great experience and felt lucky to have such great teachers and principal each year. My child feels the teachers care for her. We have been involved in after school programs such as science club, basketball, and in 5th grade they even took a week long field trip for "outdoor school" at a campsite in Oklahoma. Many of the teachers and parents dedicated their personal time to attend for the entire week. Yes, they are strict at lunch. Being strict on children does not hurt them. They get PE and recess and plenty of play time at home. I would not want to be in charge of keeping kids in order so I'm not complaining about boring lunches. Parent involvement depends on many factors and would be different depending on each age group. They seem to show up for meetings, parties, and Rockin Rams on Friday.

Posted October 08, 2013
I am not sure of the principal since I don't deal with her, however, I am very involved with the teachers and they are great and caring. My son lost his dad this year and the teachers are honoring his wishes that the students are not to be told. the only reason the teachers know is because what has happened is reflecting on his work. We are a team and its so nice to be on a winning team! I'd like to thank all the 6th grade teachers and the search teacher. All of you are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Oak Elementary School 4

Posted March 27, 2012
My child likes his homework assignments and completes them without parental prompting. I am the product of a public educator, and i believe this to be a great school for feeding young minds.

Red Oak Elementary School 1

Posted September 16, 2011
I would just like to say one thing. Everyone that has left the NEGATIVE comments about Red Oak is correct. This school is HORRIBLE!! They drowned the child in work and never try to explain anything. Then if they don't know how to do the work they take their recess away EVERYDAY! They never reward the child when they excell in something. They never have anything to look forward to like a field trip. They punish the child for not learning when the teachers should be disciplined for not teaching sufficiently!

Posted May 09, 2011
I don't know how this school could be much better. My two children have had the best teaching. I have never had to worry if they are "getting it." The principal, the counselor, and most importantly the teachers go out of their way to make sure their students are successful.

Red Oak Elementary School 2

Posted May 06, 2011
I can't believe the five star reviews that have been posted recently. The staff is a 50/50 mix of some of the best teachers in the district, and some of the worst. If you are lucky enough to get one of the best teachers, you can expect a wonderful year for your child. Unfortunately, too many of the teachers are demanding and will not listen to parent concerns. My third grade son was repeatedly assigned detention for not understanding his homework. I asked the teacher to be understanding and go easy handed on him and it only made it worse. Similar experiences with a fourth grade teacher, and the principal doesn't even care. Also, there is NO TALKING at lunch. Well, the teachers and principals get to take a break and talk, but not the kids. I will agree that we have had many great experiences with most of the teachers. It is just that the few that are out of control are allowed to continue the same behavior, and the finger is pointed at the parents. Can't wait to leave here.

Posted May 05, 2011
We have done PreK - 5th grade so far. Love the principal, teachers and support staff. They even offer a before and after school program on site with Redoak teaches. Can't say enought great things about Redoak.

Posted May 03, 2011
Red Oak is a wonderful school. The teachers and staff are top-notch and contrary to other comments, very concerned about their students' success. My son has attend K-4th grade at Red Oak. He has had outstanding teachers at every level. He is reading at a 12th grade level, has an incredible vocabulary and loves math and science, especially the Science Club. I have been pleased that his teachers expect more responsibility and accountability from him each year. He struggled with his timed multiplication in 3rd grade, but his teacher helped him stay positive and encouraged him to keep working at it--to not give up, which is a life lesson all kids need to experience. If moving into the Moore school district area, I highly recommend buying a house near Red Oak Elementary.

Posted April 30, 2011
Red Oak has a very dedicated faculty who truly care about students and their success. It is painful to read that some parents believe we don't care. We very much do, otherwise we would be doing something else. I know numerous teachers at Red Oak who arrive early or stay late to help an individual student. Student success is our highest priority.

Red Oak Elementary School
11224 South Pennsylvania Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73170
Last modified Red Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Red Oak Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top