Bad
Good

Eastlake Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2014
Dismissal past practice is in need of upgrade. They expect my children to walk home from their back gate which would take my kids 15 minutes and a trip through a neighborhood that my children does not know- when we live 30 seconds..yes really..30 seconds from the entrance. The staff is rude and the Principle doesn't seem to bother.-After coming to her regarding the issue. I know have to make sure that I stand at the doors of the school and wait for the kids to come out. My children are 10, 10, and almost 9 years old!

Eastlake Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2012
Not at all pleased with this school. The principal is uncaring and allows bullys. In fact, HE bullys' parents! I would tell anyone I know to avoid this school at all costs!

Posted April 29, 2011
This week I went to the NHS induction at Westmoore High School to watch my son be inducted. Sitting beside a principle from another school we counted the kids that came from Eastlake that walked across the stage. By far there were more Eastlake students walk across the stage than any other elementary. That speaks highly about the school but it also speaks highly of the parents that live in the area. I was very proud that my child had attended elementary at Eastlake Elementary!

Eastlake Elementary School 1

Posted April 16, 2008
My child is in the 5th grade here. She is bullied non-stop and the tachers do nothing. I am at a loss.

Posted June 07, 2006
What an awesome year my daughter had! She had a wonderful first grade teacher, Mrs. Cummings, who made learning fun and school a great place to be. She is very patient with the kids while instilling values, teaching students to work together AND teaching academics. The principal is also wonderful. He knows ALL the kids and even speaks to the parents whenever he can. My son will be there next year for 5th grade (he was at another school because we started late and this school was full)and the principal and the special ed teacher have already talked with me by phone. We also already have a set of books for next year (he has a 504 for classroom accomodations)which no other school we have been out seemed able to manage. I'm impressed so far. This school is worth looking into if you have advanced kids or kids that struggle.

Eastlake Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2006
I have had a great outlook on this school for the last few years my child has attended. But this last year, it has become different. It seems as the students get older, they are becoming more crass toward one another. He will be in 6th grade next year, and because he is a 'nice' boy, he has been bullied this year a lot! He comes home upset at least once a week about the other children picking at him. It's really taking a toll. He is an A/B student. It breaks my heart. I am looking into private school for next year. The principal is a nice man, the teachers are all nice. There are apartments nearby that seem to house 'less fortunate' families. (Not all..but a lot) of those students are mean and unruley. Private school will cost 400/mo, but it may be worth it at this point.

Posted January 21, 2006
My child is involved in the special needs pre-school program. I couldn't be happier with the school and all of the teachers/aides/therapists that my child comes in contact with.

Posted July 17, 2005
This school is absolutely incredible! I encourage anyone with children looking for a home in this area to buy immediately. You will not be disappointed! The principal and staff are the best. Everyone seems to care about the safety and well being of every student. The parents are encouraged to call, email, or come to the school at anytime for any reason. I have never felt like a bother at this school. I have my teaching degree and am staying at home currently with our children, but if the opportunity presents itself to teach at this school and for this principal, I would not hesitate. But only for this school. My child is a better person because of Eastlake. She enjoys school and I am looking forward for my other two children to get the opportunity to attend this school also. Eastlake is by far the best school in the district.

Posted October 06, 2003
Eastlake is a wonderful school. We looked for a house in this area because of this school. The principal is outstanding and truly makes this school what it is. There is an active parent involvement. Parents are encouraged to be active. Anyone looking to move to this area will not be disappointed.

Posted August 26, 2003
My son started the first grade the first year Eastlake opened, he is in 9th grade now and my daughter is in the 2nd grade. I feel that this is the best school in Moore, the teachers are great and go the extra mile and the Principal is the best I have ever encountered. He knows all the students names and the names of there parents and some grandparents. He is kind and caring and the kids are crazy about him. This school has a huge level of parental involvement. My kids are better for having gone to Eastlake.

Eastlake Elementary School
1301 Southwest 134th Street, Oklahoma City, OK  73170
Last modified Eastlake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastlake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top