Briarwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 29, 2014
Briarwood just re-opened back at its permanent location after a school year in a temporary one. The school has done an amazing job with the kids and keeping things as smooth as possible for them during the trying times. The new school facility is amazing and now includes a very impressive storm shelter setup. I look forward to the upcoming years my kids will go there. Some of our favorite teachers left after the tornado and we are hoping they come back but the 5th and 2nd grade teachers seem ok so far this year.

Posted May 21, 2013
A MESSAGE FROM GREATSCHOOLS: We are deeply saddened to hear about the massive tornado that tore through the community of Moore, OK on Monday 5/20/13 devastating homes, businesses and schools. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Briarwood Elementary School community. Out of respect for the families, teachers, and school at large, we are temporarily suspending the publication of new comments submitted by the public about this school. You may still submit 'reviews' but please be advised that they will be held and subject to review by our editors for consideration at a later date. All reviews must adhere to our guidelines. Again, all of us here at GreatSchools send our sincere condolences and sympathy to those affected by the severe weather in Moore, OK and surrounding areas. We salute the many people working to provide emergency assistance.

Briarwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 31, 2012
I am a parent of a third grader transferring here from Okmulgee school district, We are new to the area . My child will be attending Brairwood this year. At first I was very skeptical of a new shool. After reading the reviews I admit I have gained more trust just reading the reviews. Thank you parents.

Posted March 24, 2010
Our girls are in the 5th and 3rd grade. We love Briarwood. They have been there since day one and we wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Posted September 28, 2009
Very organized and devoted to teaching the students the value of dedication and concentration of disciplend study.

Posted September 06, 2009
I love Briarwood! i wouldn't want my children going anywhere else!!

Posted March 23, 2009

Posted November 28, 2007
I have to say, we love Briarwood! My child was in Kindergarten last year in Mrs. Whiteheads Class and did wonderful, we had a few bumps along the way but the end results were Fantastic! Now my child is in 1st grade with Mrs. Lowe and Boy oh Boy do we love her! She is such a wonderful Teacher, very patient and kind. Dr Autry the Principal is also a very nice Lady, she is out and about every morning says Hi to everyone, and I think she just about Knows every childs name and greets them as she sees them every morning. I will have to admit, this is Mr. Tuppers 1st year at this school, he is the Vice Principal. 2 out of 3 times meeting him I had nothing really good to say about him, the 3rd time we talked was a tiny bit better!

Posted May 30, 2007
I really like Briarwood. The principle is the best. She's very involved and very friendly

Posted January 27, 2007
My child has gotten off to a great start at Briarwood. The teacher's that she has had for Kindergarten and 1st Grade are A+. I am impressed with the fact that Briarwood has the option to put my child in a looping program(Ex: Same teacher 1st and 2nd Grade). Which shows me how dedicated Briarwood's teachers are to their students learning environment. Dr. Autry and her Assistant Principal Ms. Hill show great leadership and are well liked according to my daughter-Who walks up to them daily to say Hi!

Briarwood Elementary School
14901 South Hudson Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73170
Last modified Briarwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Briarwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top