Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted April 03, 2016
Thank you Mr. Harrison for setting a great example to the students. For being kind and always willing to listen to parents concerns. Knowing you are the leader at Briarwood puts me at ease having my child there. You are awesome !!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 03, 2016
Best communication! They learn how each child is and work with them on their level. The teachers at Briarwood care very much.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 03, 2016
I feel it's awesone to provide the children with knowledge. You can never have to much! My son plays competitive sports. We have practices,games,tournaments. He is still able to do his homework every night. It teaches him to be responsible both on and off the field.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 03, 2016
They treat every child the same. If, they see that someone might be a bully they take care of it asap.

Briarwood Elementary School 5

Posted April 03, 2016
This year is my son's first year at a public school. I was so nervous since he went from a class of 10 to 23. I LOVE it. The principal Mr Harrison is amazing. The teachers are so nice and there is great communication. Looking forward to some more great years!

Briarwood Elementary School 2

Posted May 26, 2015
Before the tornado I would have easily given this school 5 stars, as a matter of fact Briarwood was a determining factor for us choosing to rebuild in this area. However, since they have moved back into the new building I have been less than impressed with their interactions. I have a 5th grader and 2nd grader (currently) and I wasn't impressed with either sets of teachers, there was almost no involvement with us, even when requested and it would usually take 2-3 attempts before we received any responses. The 5th grader got poor grades this year, and while I know the blame is mostly on him, there were multiple occasions where we had the graded paper in his binder and a 0 was scored for missing on the parent portal. Then when he took it back he got docked points because it was late, even though it had been graded. There were also incidents of bullying, and while this is unavoidable, when a child comes to the teacher then please at least do SOMETHING, even when we contacted the school we were blown off until we forced the issue. By then we had already contacted the other parents involved and resolved it but the school did not do anything about it. I am sorely disappointed that it seems the best talent left after the tornado, they are missed.

Briarwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 29, 2014
Briarwood just re-opened back at its permanent location after a school year in a temporary one. The school has done an amazing job with the kids and keeping things as smooth as possible for them during the trying times. The new school facility is amazing and now includes a very impressive storm shelter setup. I look forward to the upcoming years my kids will go there. Some of our favorite teachers left after the tornado and we are hoping they come back but the 5th and 2nd grade teachers seem ok so far this year.

Posted May 21, 2013
A MESSAGE FROM GREATSCHOOLS: We are deeply saddened to hear about the massive tornado that tore through the community of Moore, OK on Monday 5/20/13 devastating homes, businesses and schools. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Briarwood Elementary School community. Out of respect for the families, teachers, and school at large, we are temporarily suspending the publication of new comments submitted by the public about this school. You may still submit 'reviews' but please be advised that they will be held and subject to review by our editors for consideration at a later date. All reviews must adhere to our guidelines. Again, all of us here at GreatSchools send our sincere condolences and sympathy to those affected by the severe weather in Moore, OK and surrounding areas. We salute the many people working to provide emergency assistance.

Briarwood Elementary School 4

Posted October 31, 2012
I am a parent of a third grader transferring here from Okmulgee school district, We are new to the area . My child will be attending Brairwood this year. At first I was very skeptical of a new shool. After reading the reviews I admit I have gained more trust just reading the reviews. Thank you parents.

Briarwood Elementary School 5

Posted March 24, 2010
Our girls are in the 5th and 3rd grade. We love Briarwood. They have been there since day one and we wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

14901 South Hudson Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73170
Last modified Briarwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.