Bad
Good

I LOVE that my son attends Briarwood. The teachers are amazing Mr. Harrison sets a great example! There is always communication. I was nervous for my son to attend his 1st year here now he is going to 2nd grade for 2016-2017. I feel so comfortable and know it will be another AWESOME year.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Best communication! They learn how each child is and work with them on their level. The teachers at Briarwood care very much.

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel it's awesone to provide the children with knowledge. You can never have to much! My son plays competitive sports. We have practices,games,tournaments. He is still able to do his homework every night. It teaches him to be responsible both on and off the field.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They treat every child the same. If, they see that someone might be a bully they take care of it asap.

Before the tornado I would have easily given this school 5 stars, as a matter of fact Briarwood was a determining factor for us choosing to rebuild in this area. However, since they have moved back into the new building I have been less than impressed with their interactions. I have a 5th grader and 2nd grader (currently) and I wasn't impressed with either sets of teachers, there was almost no involvement with us, even when requested and it would usually take 2-3 attempts before we received any responses. The 5th grader got poor grades this year, and while I know the blame is mostly on him, there were multiple occasions where we had the graded paper in his binder and a 0 was scored for missing on the parent portal. Then when he took it back he got docked points because it was late, even though it had been graded. There were also incidents of bullying, and while this is unavoidable, when a child comes to the teacher then please at least do SOMETHING, even when we contacted the school we were blown off until we forced the issue. By then we had already contacted the other parents involved and resolved it but the school did not do anything about it. I am sorely disappointed that it seems the best talent left after the tornado, they are missed.

Briarwood just re-opened back at its permanent location after a school year in a temporary one. The school has done an amazing job with the kids and keeping things as smooth as possible for them during the trying times. The new school facility is amazing and now includes a very impressive storm shelter setup. I look forward to the upcoming years my kids will go there. Some of our favorite teachers left after the tornado and we are hoping they come back but the 5th and 2nd grade teachers seem ok so far this year.

A MESSAGE FROM GREATSCHOOLS: We are deeply saddened to hear about the massive tornado that tore through the community of Moore, OK on Monday 5/20/13 devastating homes, businesses and schools. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Briarwood Elementary School community. Out of respect for the families, teachers, and school at large, we are temporarily suspending the publication of new comments submitted by the public about this school. You may still submit 'reviews' but please be advised that they will be held and subject to review by our editors for consideration at a later date. All reviews must adhere to our guidelines. Again, all of us here at GreatSchools send our sincere condolences and sympathy to those affected by the severe weather in Moore, OK and surrounding areas. We salute the many people working to provide emergency assistance.

I am a parent of a third grader transferring here from Okmulgee school district, We are new to the area . My child will be attending Brairwood this year. At first I was very skeptical of a new shool. After reading the reviews I admit I have gained more trust just reading the reviews. Thank you parents.

Our girls are in the 5th and 3rd grade. We love Briarwood. They have been there since day one and we wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Very organized and devoted to teaching the students the value of dedication and concentration of disciplend study.

Last modified Briarwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.