Posted April 02, 2013
I'm a WHS grad, went on to OU, and now in medical school. Westmoore is all about what you put into your education. The AP teachers were excellent and helped me score great scores on my AP exams, putting me a year ahead in my college education. The counselors helped me pick out scholarships that I'd be most likely to win. There are tons of clubs and ways to get involved. Student Council is huge. Honor Society is great. If you choose to get involved in music, drama, or sports, take as many AP courses as you can handle, and work hard, you'll be heavily rewarded. Not necessarily by the school itself, but by the increased opportunities in college and beyond.

Westmoore High School 3

Posted January 29, 2012
THE SPECIAL ED DEPT IS GOOD ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLWOING TEACHERS, NOTE THAT THESE ARE LAB CLASSES, JOHNSON FOR ENGLISH, HARPER FOR SCIENCE AND LIND FOR HISTORY, IF YOUR CHILD IS UNALBE TO SWITCH CLASSES THEN THE TEACHER WOULD BE MILLER FOR ALL SPECIAL NEEDS.

Westmoore High School 4

Posted July 03, 2011
I went to Westmoore for my first half of Freshman year, then I had to switch to a charter school in Oklahoma City. You don't really know what you have until it's gone. Westmoore has AC, a great variety of people to be friends with, a large library, many many AP programs, and I took it all for granted. I went to a school with no AC/heat, and the building was shared with another school. The food was horrible, and it had a small student body and 2 AP courses. I was disappointed to say the least. I would choose WHS over any other school in the state, and I'm proud to say I'll be reunited with my Jaguar family for my junior and senior year. The staff helps those who seek it, and the coaches are hard on everyone. The college consoling is wonderful and the classes are pleasantly challenging. The electives are endless, and it's an amazing school.

Westmoore High School 2

Posted January 05, 2011
Teachers completely ignore students, sports are basically everything to this school, random rules and random requirements are everywhere, and teachers often pick favorites. They cut down on other departments of the school in order to supply the sports need. They have one art teacher teaching nearly every art class except for Pottery and Jewlery and yet they have 3-4 gym teachers. Teachers ignore my child and make up random rules in order to make sure he doesn't get his way.. Yet they will make exceptions for other students they feel 'deserve' it. This school also overlooks racism. My entire family, having English as a second-language is often looked down upon at this school. My son tells the teachers about a racist comment a kid made and nothing was done about it. Bullying is common ground here also. This is really not a Highschool you should let your kid go to.

Posted March 06, 2010

Posted February 25, 2009

Westmoore High School 2

Posted January 02, 2008

Westmoore High School 1

Posted December 22, 2007

Westmoore High School 0

Posted October 23, 2007
We are very happy with the school and most of the teachers. Our child is in band and has learned so mush this year. Thanks to the great teachers and all of the staff.

Westmoore High School 3

Posted March 27, 2006
I feel that there is minimal participation from teachers and counselors in this school. My son has been very happy there, however since he is not into sports I feel he gets looked over. To date, there has been no prep for college, no one on one counseling etc....Im concerned about the fact that military recruitment is so heavy, vs pushing the kids towards college. I also feel that parents should be aware of the military visits on the campus. My son has been pretty much on auto pilot since beginning high school there, and has to be aggressive in reaching out for help with classes. There is no academic counseling on an individual basis regarding college.

Westmoore High School
12613 South Western, Oklahoma City, OK  73170
Last modified Westmoore High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westmoore High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.