Oklahoma City, OK
Students enrolled: 2,113
After care: No

Westmoore High School 1

Posted March 22, 2015
I am a former student of Westmoore. I attended a few other high schools before having to be stuck here due to multiple moves. I would not recommend anyone to enroll their child here. While there are a handful of teachers that genuinely care and love what they do, that is not the majority. The overall student body isn't that great either, and the school doesn't do much to improve the students with issues. I was assaulted multiple times. On campus. One of which was witnessed by an English teacher who turned her head. Until attending Westmoore, I was a student of good standing, I enjoyed school, and kept a GPA no lower than a 3.0, after being at Westmoore for a while, some of my grades started slipping along with my overall attitude about life.

Posted April 02, 2013
I'm a WHS grad, went on to OU, and now in medical school. Westmoore is all about what you put into your education. The AP teachers were excellent and helped me score great scores on my AP exams, putting me a year ahead in my college education. The counselors helped me pick out scholarships that I'd be most likely to win. There are tons of clubs and ways to get involved. Student Council is huge. Honor Society is great. If you choose to get involved in music, drama, or sports, take as many AP courses as you can handle, and work hard, you'll be heavily rewarded. Not necessarily by the school itself, but by the increased opportunities in college and beyond.

Westmoore High School 3

Posted January 29, 2012
THE SPECIAL ED DEPT IS GOOD ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLWOING TEACHERS, NOTE THAT THESE ARE LAB CLASSES, JOHNSON FOR ENGLISH, HARPER FOR SCIENCE AND LIND FOR HISTORY, IF YOUR CHILD IS UNALBE TO SWITCH CLASSES THEN THE TEACHER WOULD BE MILLER FOR ALL SPECIAL NEEDS.

Westmoore High School 4

Posted July 03, 2011
I went to Westmoore for my first half of Freshman year, then I had to switch to a charter school in Oklahoma City. You don't really know what you have until it's gone. Westmoore has AC, a great variety of people to be friends with, a large library, many many AP programs, and I took it all for granted. I went to a school with no AC/heat, and the building was shared with another school. The food was horrible, and it had a small student body and 2 AP courses. I was disappointed to say the least. I would choose WHS over any other school in the state, and I'm proud to say I'll be reunited with my Jaguar family for my junior and senior year. The staff helps those who seek it, and the coaches are hard on everyone. The college consoling is wonderful and the classes are pleasantly challenging. The electives are endless, and it's an amazing school.

Westmoore High School 2

Posted January 05, 2011
Teachers completely ignore students, sports are basically everything to this school, random rules and random requirements are everywhere, and teachers often pick favorites. They cut down on other departments of the school in order to supply the sports need. They have one art teacher teaching nearly every art class except for Pottery and Jewlery and yet they have 3-4 gym teachers. Teachers ignore my child and make up random rules in order to make sure he doesn't get his way.. Yet they will make exceptions for other students they feel 'deserve' it. This school also overlooks racism. My entire family, having English as a second-language is often looked down upon at this school. My son tells the teachers about a racist comment a kid made and nothing was done about it. Bullying is common ground here also. This is really not a Highschool you should let your kid go to.

Westmoore High School

Posted October 23, 2007
We are very happy with the school and most of the teachers. Our child is in band and has learned so mush this year. Thanks to the great teachers and all of the staff.

Westmoore High School 3

Posted March 27, 2006
I feel that there is minimal participation from teachers and counselors in this school. My son has been very happy there, however since he is not into sports I feel he gets looked over. To date, there has been no prep for college, no one on one counseling etc....Im concerned about the fact that military recruitment is so heavy, vs pushing the kids towards college. I also feel that parents should be aware of the military visits on the campus. My son has been pretty much on auto pilot since beginning high school there, and has to be aggressive in reaching out for help with classes. There is no academic counseling on an individual basis regarding college.

Posted January 03, 2006
Westmoore has had a great impact on my son. He has learned from his teachers and his coaches to be the best that he can be, and success comes with hard work. The teachers really seem to care about the students and to prepare them for their next step into college. The coaching staff expects alot out of their players, but it is much more than just athletics. They expect a certain level of responsibility out of the players when it comes to school, family, and community. I have also never seen a school with such parental involvement as I have Westmoore. Our boys get meals before games, snacks at practice, and much more. My husband and I have thought about moving, but will not do it until our son is out of highschool because of the level of committment the staff has towards their students.

Westmoore High School 2

Posted December 22, 2005
The Principals at Westmoore are very out of touch with the students, as are most of the teachers. You would be hard pressed to find one any of the four principles who could name 5 passing students. The students are seperated by cliques and there are very few exceptions of kids who belong to more than one group. A few groups are very violent and hostile towards one another and anyone who gets in the way. Oklahoma teachers are among the poorest paid in the country, and many of the good teachers have choosen to leave for more profitable states. If you can avoid sending your children to Moore Public Schools, definately choose another district or even better another state.

Posted July 20, 2005
I don't agree with the discrimination views posted. Every situation that the staff faces is not the same despite popular belief of young students. Most teachers want to help the student succeed, but they can only teach as much as the student is willing to learn. The athletic programs have better funds and facilities then a lot of local colleges. The acamdemics and athletics are challenging, but is also possible to be successful as an individual. I just feel that my involvement in/with the school's staff, athletics, and student programs had a huge influence on who I am today. The school provides a great atmosphere for student developement both physically and mentally. So, I would say I had a overall great experience.

Westmoore High School
12613 South Western Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK  73170
Last modified Westmoore High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westmoore High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top