Oklahoma City, OK

Posted September 08, 2013
My child has only attended Fisher for one full year, but we love it. The school is such a family. The teachers are engaged with each student and truly care. The children are well behaved, caring, and mentor younger students. The school is always immaculate and welcoming. So blessed to have my child at Fisher.

Posted September 08, 2013
We have a great school. What wonder TEACHERS AND STAFF. Thank you .We need more parent involvement.

Posted September 08, 2013
This is a wonderful school. We have been at Fisher for 3 years (4-5-6 grades) The teachers really care about the students. They have a good PE program. The SEARCH program is great. The environment is friendly and safe. They have before and after care, which is provided by teachers (not outside contract workers). The PTA is very active and organizes lots of activities for kids. There is good parent involvement. The only negative point is the lack of a art teacher. However, thanks to the outstanding commitment of the teachers and PTA who provide numerous opportunities for creativity my daughter who loves art has been more active in school art projects than in any other school. We love it!

Posted September 08, 2013
Mrs. Gappa, the Pre-K teacher, and her assistant are phenomenal! I couldn't imagen a more dedicated teacher who is so gifted. The school is one of the smallest elementary schools in the district which is a plus. The only negative so far is that there is only one class of all day kindergarten which is a lottery. Apparently the half-day kids are suppost to learn the same curriculum but in only 2.5 hours of class per day. This means there is no scheduled recess which is something my child misses. Also I think reading must be greatly supplemented at home or in first grade your child might be behind. The principle is very energetic and the new librarian is nice.

Posted April 29, 2011
We LOVE this school. Our child was in the full day kindergarten class an now in First grade. We have had amazing teachers and the principal is great too. The API test scores prove that the school has continued to maintain a high average of learning. We are very impressed with Fisher. The PTA is very active and does lots of fun things for the students throughout the year. I can't say enough about this school!

Posted April 14, 2009

Posted May 28, 2008
My kids absolutely love this school, and my husband and I love the school because the teachers all seem so dedicated to the children. No slackers working here!

Posted May 31, 2007

Fisher Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2005
'We are new to Fisher and I am very pleased with the way my children have been treated. All of the staff that we have encountered have been very friendly and the general school atmosphere seeems to be very student oriented. The principal and office staff have been very helpful and professional.'

Posted April 21, 2004
We are new to Fisher this year and have found it to be a wonderful school. The work and expectations of the students seem to be on a higher level here but the teachers still make learning a lot of fun. As principal, Mrs. Gordon interacts with kids and obviously enjoys them. From the test scores shown on this site, it appears that Fisher has many bright students who are happy to be here. I know we are!

Fisher Elementary School
11800 Southwood Drive, Oklahoma City, OK  73170
Last modified Fisher Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fisher Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top