Okmulgee, OK

Posted March 04, 2010
my child has moved out of okmulgee schools for her freshman i think that as she has moved from primary to elementary to jr high the school here got worse. so decided to move her i want her to have a better education and not to get in trouble with the laws as other class mates in okmulgee has. when my other children get other and for thier freshman year i plan to move them schools as well. my daughter has madde many improvments already in the second semester at her new school.

Posted December 06, 2009

Posted November 27, 2009
I am very proud of Okmulgee Schools for all of their accomplishments. I am pleased to say my children attend school in Okmulgee. Please get a principal that is proud also, that's all we really need. One of the outstanding high school teachers should step up. OHS needs a principal that loves the high school more than anyone and who will stay with it for a long time to come...

Posted November 27, 2009
I like Okmulgee School System. I transfered when my mom got remarried and I'd do almost anything to be back there. I'm proud to say that's where I'm from, Okmulgee, Small Town USA

Posted November 27, 2009
It's very saddening to read all of your terrible reviews. Okmulgee is a wonderful school. No, they haven't always had the best reputation but on the inside it is amazing. There are teachers there, that really care about the kids and enjoy when they succeed. I am glad that I attended such a great school. I love the small town, frindly atmosphere that still resides there today.

Posted November 27, 2009
I love the teachers at the schools who have successfully dedicated their lives to helping our kids. Every school has it's ups and downs, why not look at everything good that has come out of your experience at Okmulgee.

Posted September 22, 2009

Posted August 10, 2009
This is the worst school system I have ever seen as a parent! My son went here half of his freshman year and all of his sophmore year. In my experience the teachers don't care! I had to call the principal in order to get the teachers to return my emails an phone calls as a parent just tryi g to touch basis with the teachers. I believe some students can make there but for the most part, it does not prepare the students for college. It is not a positive learning environment. Some of the staff is just rude! I think some of those teachers hate their jobs! There are fights all the time and it prepares students for failure. It's the worst I have ever seen! My son told me they did not even have a nurse on staff! So add broke! To all of that!!!

Okmulgee High School 2

Posted May 22, 2009
I personally think Okmulgee schools are low in the education field. The thing I hated the most is that I really did love school, but I couldn't learn anything because I was one of those students who needed a little extra help in subjects, but they wouldn't listen to me. It didn't help that I am a shy and timid girl. It was very annoying that I could only really understand a subject/problem when it is broken-down and explain step-by-step to me and not many teachers wanted to take the time to do that for me, but it is my fault too because I didn't really assert myself to getting help. As much as I hate to admit it I don't even see how I passed the 5th grade. So at the moment I am thinking of alternative schooling situations.

Posted March 10, 2009

Okmulgee High School
415 West 3rd Street, Okmulgee, OK  74447
(918) 758-2075
Last modified Okmulgee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Okmulgee High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top