Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Oologah's High school ties next door with the Middle school, which also means we share the same lunch room. Racism was real don't hide it I get people making fun of others everyday and it's being ignored. Speaking of Lunch, it's TERRIBLE. No it's not your typical bad lunch like other schools, it's worse. On pizza days we literally ONLY GET one slice of pizza and a milk carton?? That's it?! They charged $1.50 or was it $1.75 just for a SMALL BAG of fries!!! It's stupid! Why pay more for fries when the whole meal is already paid!! Basically every pizza day everyone grabs their pizza and milk carton and sat down, they don't even serve anything else with it!! And then on Burger days it's the same deal!!! We get our burger, and we don't even get any side dish to eat with it such as bread, beans, corns, mash potato, or anything!! Yes they have a salad bar but it's so small and HOLY COW is the lunch room crowded on lunch hour, by time u get ur burger the salad bar is empty!!!!! The school lunch is the biggest thing I complain about, so costly for so small amount of food on ur plate!! And the lines are terrible, even with 4 lunch lines, it can take up to 30min jus to get ur damn meal. The school is so terrible at fixing their lunch time, they just throw all the high school students (roughly 600 back then) into one lunch room... They need to set up different lunch time for diff period... it just utter chaos and stupid waiting in line getting cut everyday starving only to receive a small amount on ur plate. Terrible experience. Same goes for breakfast!!! We get one donut and a milk carton OR a cereal box with milk carton, little for the price!! Anyways back to the racial discrimination, just complete trash. Getting called by stereotyped names and picked on but all the bystanders just watch like it's nothing. Some class teachers were useless at teaching, had a science teacher who just makes u write an entire note on the projector for literally the entire hour of class.. Then they tell u to study and when testing day comes it's either u study well or fail, they don't even engage well with the students or help for some classes. And dear god the timing to use the locker is not worth it, I say roughly 90% of students didnt even use the locker due to distance and time. My experience, if u disagree idk what u were doing cus i seen alot of ppl goofing around everyday...

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

some are quite well with teaching and interacting with the students, while some are just bad at teaching and throw u notes to write down all day everyday and don't speak much to all students about it..

Amount of homework: no rating

Depends, some days barely anything, but some days so much that it takes up hours of ur day after school. Most days u can't even do them in class so they're consider homework of course.

Develops character: Disagree

This school is mostly focused on their sports activity than the academics... People saying this school is honest and good is wrong on some point, I see people selling drugs and some bad teachers doing things they shouldn't have done but those people don't see it inclass to judge the wrongs of the school. Just way too much things going on that isn't healthy for a school, almost everyone I see everyday are not even in the mind of academic studying buy goofing off around and talking in classes so loudly it puts some people who actually wanna learn on the nerves. Just WAY TOO many people undisciplined everywhere u go to is a loud laughter of students and when it comes to testings most of the students I went with are so bad in their test, don't mean to judge but how does most of the class average is around a C-grade score all i see everyday is ppl not trying and not taking things seriously. Yes u can still enjoy time with friends but so many ppl are so bad at learning here... not recommended, all my brothers were the top of the class in our old school but after moving here we learn nothing but seeing a bunch of crazy people around. Now I'm in college and looking back still seeing it as a bad school to learn and achieve

I had gone to a much larger school my freshman year that dealed with many issues that caused me many problems such as depression, etc. Oologah has helped me with many great teachers and activities. I had never been involved in anything in school at my old school for you had to be the best of the best and here I am able to be involved in nearly everything I want to be. Sports, clubs, AP classes, etc. I admit there are a few problems with this school such as some students doing drugs and that type of things but that was their decision the school had nothing to do with it and most schools has students of that sort. Moving to Oologah school district was the best decision my parents and I made.

I am very pleased with the school and feel like it is safe. My boys have had some wonderful teachers. They both are taking AP classes and I have seen them both grow more confident in their knowledge and abilities. There is a wide variety of activities to choose from. I feel like my sons will be well prepared for college.

Bullies, drugs, teachers who don't care. This school is a JOKE, complete and utter joke.

Moving into the Oologah school district has been, to date, the biggest mistake of my life. Unless your student is an athlete active in school sports, I would stay clear of the district.

I am very pleased with the Oologah schools. My son has teachers that he enjoys that really challenge him. For a small school, I am very happy with the activities and sports offered. It is a very safe school.

I would not recommend this school. Bullies, drugs and race issues are the worst I've heard of. Some of the teachers are great but I wish we lived somewhere else so my children wouldn't have to deal with the other issues..

Last modified Oologah-Talala High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.