Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We moved to Ator with my daughter starting 4th grade. It was very disappointing. Daughter had been at the top of her class, but at Ator was severely struggling. I found out why when I met her teachers. They were mostly witches, not helpful at all. It was toughest year for us in school. 5th grade was much better. 6th and 7th went great. My daughter responds to how her teachers treat her. When she likes the teacher she works hard. 4th grade was terrible.

My child struggles a bit with work assignments. He has a hard time focusing. I I requested a meeting with all three teachers and we discussed a plan to help him/ the teachers out. My child still has so many missing assignment papers sent home monthly. I don't understand how it's OKAY to not turn in your work! Teachers call me from time to time but I don't sit in that class and monitor his everyday activities. My son stay in trouble At home always grounded. I need a better solution and with the level of education Oklahoma is ranked these teachers do to. I am not blaming the teachers. The education system needs help. And student teacher ratios are ridiculous .

My son attended 2nd grade at Ator and it was disappointing to say the least. His teacher was uncommunicative and over-bearing. Never let me get a word in edgewise. My son was receiving special ed services in another state and lost them after testing at Ator. After being told my son didn't need services and he was doing great, I was told two weeks later that he should just be held back a year and he was not ready for 3rd grade. Needless to say we moved away and my son has been much better for it. 3rd grade is going great!

My little sister has been going to this school for the last 8 months & she does NOT like it at all. Her teacher is alright, but she's terrified of continuing on into the 5th grade for fear of teachers yelling & screaming! She has heard the horror stories from other students about how awful they can be & It just breaks my heart! She wishes she could go back to Larkin Bailey (She LOVED it there!) but now that we've moved, her only option is go to this school because of the transportation situation.. She has to take the bus. IF ONLY they had nicer teachers... =(

(1)Large lack of communication between teachers and parents. (2)Although the teachers say no homework, there is always AR reading, AR math, spelling words, spelling contracts and the weekly reader story outside of class along with any other assigned work. There is ALWAYS homework.

Children that attend Owasso are more likely to obtain scholarships but that is for the higher up grades. As for Ator, it has a wonderful principal, Ms Bishline, very friendly and appoachable. My only complaints is the class size (24-1 seems to be average). The lunch room is tiny so kids rotate starting at 10am for lunch. Starting with the kindergarteners and 1st graders, my kids no longer eat breakfast because if they do they won't be hungry for lunch and then spend the rest of the school day hungry, so the trade off is they go to school hungry for the first 2 hours. They should start with the older kids and give the youngest the noon slot. They constantly push the kids for fundraising - every month if they aren't pushing a salespaper they are pushing things like candy and popcorn. Kids are guilted if they don't participate. Enough!

My son has attended ator for two years. My biggest concerns are the lack of communication between parents and teachers and the amount of homework assigned.

Very disappointed! My daughter is in special education and the communication with her teacher is horrible. We didn't even get a notice about when parent/teacher conferences were until the last day and by time we got home from work it was already done. I sent in a copy of her evaluation that was done over the summer and the teacher just put it in her file, the occupational therapist didn't even know there was one. We did have her in Kiefer and absolutely loved it! Supposedly Owasso was a much better school district, two years and I still haven't seen it!! Owasso is a very nice town to live in but the school system is amazingly inept.

Over this is the best staff i have ever met. The principal and office staff are very friendly and helpful. The staff is concerned with the needs of the students.

Growing up in Owasso, my two brothers and I attended Ator and now my children have all attended Ator also. I have one left in the 4th grade and I will miss Ator tremendously. I had a lot of issues with one of my sons and the treatment we got from the staff was exceptional, especially of Ms. Bishline. If you take the time to get involved you will see what a great school it is. There are many activities for your children and also for you as a parent to be in. If I were to move to a different district, I would beg them to let my daughter stay at Ator until she's out of elementary school.

Last modified Ator Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.