Owasso, OK

Posted April 22, 2014
Reading the past comments, I think a lot has changed over the last three years when a new principal came to Bailey. Teachers are wonderful. The Booster club is still cliquish.

Posted February 18, 2013
We moved to Owasso from central Florida in Sept 2012, just a couple of weeks into my daughter's 1st grade year. The experience so far at Bailey has been phenomenal! The school that my daughter attended in Florida was lacking in many ways, and she had reached the point of crying every school morning and when I picked her up. Now, she LOVES school! Her teacher is amazing, the curriculum challenges her without being too difficult. I have seen efforts made to accommodate the different levels that the children are at. Those that need a little extra help are getting it, and those that are ready to move on are not stuck waiting for others. My daughter has needed help in some areas and been ahead in others, so we've seen it from both sides. I love that the children are taught and expected to be self sufficient and responsible. The Great Expectations program that is used is exactly what I want for my kids. They are providing quality education, and reinforcing good values and strength of character from a non-religious viewpoint. Every staff member that I have met has been pleasant and more than helpful. The parent and community involvement is more than I have ever seen at any school!

Posted January 24, 2013
The reason that Bailey has high state and national level scores, is the atmosphere of forced/coerced retention of students. Children who have minor school difficulties are encouraged to repeat grades for "easy" years. My student has met benchmarks continually each grade, despite this, when reaching third grade, he was asked to return to second grade for concern he may not pass state testing. We were appalled. Little assistance is available for special needs children, and teachers are not very cooperative with IEP suggestions. Great school if your child is self-driven and needs little assistance.

Posted September 19, 2012
My children have attended Bailey since 2008 when they started school and we LOVE it there. The teachers are all wonderful, and with our new principal in place, there is such an attitude of expecting excellence while maintaining the fun atmosphere of a place with young children. The specials teachers are great, and the library is fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about Bailey. We are soon to be moving away and I am so sad to be leaving this wonderful school.

Posted October 22, 2010
I came to Owasso from California 5 years ago. I have had a son attend at Bailey 4th 5th grade He was one of 37 students in his class in California. At Bailey he was number 18. My daughter started kindergarten at Bailey and is now in 4th grade. I appreciatte this school. I love how clean it is, and the standard of behavior they expect from the kids and parents. I have only had one teacher over the years that could have been better, but currently my daughter is in love with her teacher. Do they expect the parent to be aware of the current academics of their child? Yes and they do push the kids to be responsible. This may seem a bit harsh in the younger grades but my children have been taught. As far as fun goes, there is music,PE, computers,library time,and Class parties! Thats good!!!!!

Posted April 10, 2010
I am a father of a first grader. We are not happy with the general 'feel' of Bailey Elem. The PTO/PTA is Cliquish, and seems to exclude people who sign up to help. It's too strict, too rigid. Not joyful. They are required to do TOO much at these young aes.

Posted April 08, 2010
It's been a very depressing year at Bailey Elem. We were really looking forward to our son starting K-garten there. Now, however, we are considering either selling our home, or putting our child in private school. Our childs teacher is fine, but the communication is lacking, and the Principal is off-putting. She is NOT approachable on any level. God forbid you have a complaint! Also, the lunch food is COLD, and the kids are told to walk with their hands behind their backs, in complete silence. AMAZING :(

Posted April 08, 2010

Larkin Bailey Elementary School 0

Posted March 29, 2010
Bailey is a GREAT school for academics! However, I feel that they sometimes forget that they're teaching kids...they don't allow them to be kids! There needs to be a LITTLE more 'fun' involved in school!

Posted October 28, 2009

Larkin Bailey Elementary School
1501 North Ash Street, Owasso, OK  74055
Last modified Larkin Bailey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Larkin Bailey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top