Posted July 11, 2009
My children have gone to Smith for two years now. They both love this school so much that they can't wait for school to start again. We had a few issues with reading when switched to Smith, but the school provides after school tutoring for free. What a difference that made. I love that the kids get choices for lunch- and healthy ones at that. The school has good activities in p.e., music, and computer. The teachers are terrific and Mr. Hughes is the best principal that we could have hoped for.

Posted October 12, 2008
My daughter has gone to Smith since Kindergarten and is now in the 5th grade. I can't say enough about how great the staff, teachers, office personnel, and Mr. Hughes has been!!! Their caring attitude towards both students and parents alike have given my daughter and me a wonderful elementary experience. They know children can rise to a challenge and are not afraid to have great expectations for all students, but not insensitive to those who are having difficulty. Even my daughter at one point struggled in math and now with the help of her teacher and Mrs. Duffy, she is excelling. Great school sums it all up!!!

Posted October 11, 2008
I can not say enough about Smith Elementary, its teachers and principal! They are caring, giving and yet have high expectations which my child has risen to the challenge. They have had numerous state and national accolades, including being named as a National Blue Ribbon School. I agree with Mrs. Smith that sometimes parents don't understand that when a teacher expresses concern about a child being successful in the next grade she/he is truly a caring teacher who only wants their students to be successful and not struggle if they aren't ready to move on! Her next school may not expect as much as Smith does, but I have to say that I would rather have my child challenged rather than 'just meeting the standards'.

Posted August 24, 2008

Posted October 09, 2006
We moved to Owasso last year, and have been impressed by the standards of Smith Elementary! Having the highest test scores in the state last year, is an awesome accomplishment! My children are excelling, and enjoying it! (We held them back last year by choice, their previous school in OK was not up to par...perhaps other parents will consider these things before leaving negative feedback)

Hayward Smith Elementary School 1

Posted May 18, 2006

Hayward Smith Elementary School 3

Posted September 28, 2005
I was not impressed with the lack of attention they give their students. They insisted my daughter was not mature enough for second grade and that she would have problems... she is in third grade now and doing great in a better school.

Posted July 23, 2004
We are going to be moving out of state and will miss Smith Elementary very much. My daughter has attended Smith from K-4 and has loved the teachers, principal, and the entire staff (not to mention her parents). They are very caring and it will be difficult to find a school as wonderful as Smith.

Posted June 03, 2004
We lost two loved ones this past year. One was expected, the other a tragic accident; the teachers were very compassionate and caring. Having her teacher attend the funeral just let my daughter know how thoughtful the staff is. We were allowed to make up work without making it stressful. We appreciated their kindness. To have your child think she has the best teachers is the biggest compliment of all!

Posted May 18, 2004
- a former student

Hayward Smith Elementary School
1501 North Ash Street, Owasso, OK  74055
Last modified Hayward Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hayward Smith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top