Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted October 23, 2015
Just not too impressed with principal and IEP program. They lacked understanding of different cultures and different situations that effect the child and their family.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted October 23, 2015
Not sure if they develop these thing in students. I am aware the Principal and few of the staff lack understanding and sympathy for my son's difficulty especially in trying to adapt from another culture.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 23, 2015
My daughters teacher for kindness. My daughter has said nice things about her. Thankful to all wonderful teachers out there.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 23, 2015
I felt like they were quick to give up on my son just because we didn't agree with holding him back. We knew he has a learning disability and holding him back would not help.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted October 23, 2015
They said they didn't have resources at their school to help my son. I think they were just unwilling to help.

Hayward Smith Elementary School 2

Posted October 23, 2015
In my experience, I was not impressed with principal and IEP staff. I guess after such great ratings, I didn't expect to be treated this way. I would of never guessed the principal is who he is due to his not so friendly demeanor.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted October 23, 2015
Again, IEP program was the problem as I felt like they were unwilling to help my son.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted October 23, 2015
We didn't stay long enough to know this, but teachers seemed to be fine for most part.

Hayward Smith Elementary School 5

Posted July 11, 2009
My children have gone to Smith for two years now. They both love this school so much that they can't wait for school to start again. We had a few issues with reading when switched to Smith, but the school provides after school tutoring for free. What a difference that made. I love that the kids get choices for lunch- and healthy ones at that. The school has good activities in p.e., music, and computer. The teachers are terrific and Mr. Hughes is the best principal that we could have hoped for.

Hayward Smith Elementary School 5

Posted October 12, 2008
My daughter has gone to Smith since Kindergarten and is now in the 5th grade. I can't say enough about how great the staff, teachers, office personnel, and Mr. Hughes has been!!! Their caring attitude towards both students and parents alike have given my daughter and me a wonderful elementary experience. They know children can rise to a challenge and are not afraid to have great expectations for all students, but not insensitive to those who are having difficulty. Even my daughter at one point struggled in math and now with the help of her teacher and Mrs. Duffy, she is excelling. Great school sums it all up!!!

1501 North Ash Street, Owasso, OK  74055
Last modified Hayward Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hayward Smith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top