Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

They said they didn't have resources at their school to help my son. I think they were just unwilling to help.

In my experience, I was not impressed with principal and IEP staff. I guess after such great ratings, I didn't expect to be treated this way. I would of never guessed the principal is who he is due to his not so friendly demeanor.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Again, IEP program was the problem as I felt like they were unwilling to help my son.

Amount of homework: no rating

We didn't stay long enough to know this, but teachers seemed to be fine for most part.

My children have gone to Smith for two years now. They both love this school so much that they can't wait for school to start again. We had a few issues with reading when switched to Smith, but the school provides after school tutoring for free. What a difference that made. I love that the kids get choices for lunch- and healthy ones at that. The school has good activities in p.e., music, and computer. The teachers are terrific and Mr. Hughes is the best principal that we could have hoped for.

My daughter has gone to Smith since Kindergarten and is now in the 5th grade. I can't say enough about how great the staff, teachers, office personnel, and Mr. Hughes has been!!! Their caring attitude towards both students and parents alike have given my daughter and me a wonderful elementary experience. They know children can rise to a challenge and are not afraid to have great expectations for all students, but not insensitive to those who are having difficulty. Even my daughter at one point struggled in math and now with the help of her teacher and Mrs. Duffy, she is excelling. Great school sums it all up!!!

I can not say enough about Smith Elementary, its teachers and principal! They are caring, giving and yet have high expectations which my child has risen to the challenge. They have had numerous state and national accolades, including being named as a National Blue Ribbon School. I agree with Mrs. Smith that sometimes parents don't understand that when a teacher expresses concern about a child being successful in the next grade she/he is truly a caring teacher who only wants their students to be successful and not struggle if they aren't ready to move on! Her next school may not expect as much as Smith does, but I have to say that I would rather have my child challenged rather than 'just meeting the standards'.

We moved to Owasso last year, and have been impressed by the standards of Smith Elementary! Having the highest test scores in the state last year, is an awesome accomplishment! My children are excelling, and enjoying it! (We held them back last year by choice, their previous school in OK was not up to par...perhaps other parents will consider these things before leaving negative feedback)

Last modified Hayward Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.