Bad
Good

My first impression of this school wasn't the best. The counselor was very rude and not willing to work with parents. The K and 3rd grade teachers are amazing, but the 1st grade teachers are just like the counselor and not willing to even talk to parents. The computer teacher thinks she runs the school and acts like a baby when she doesn't get her way. Northeast is a great expectations school and the kids do learn a lot, but there are a lot of fundraisers and the teachers don't include the parents enough.

FANTASTIC SCHOOL! Kids are treated with respect by top notch teachers!! Kids love everything about the school and it was very easy for them to make friends.

My son started K this year at NE. Everything about this school is top notch. I moved from Tulsa Public Schools district to Owasso and haven't looked back. The Principal has been great, I go eat lunch with him once a week, and I communicate with his teacher once a week. He loves this school, it has been awesome so far. There are tons of ways to get involved.

Awesome students, awesome teachers, awesome parents, awesome principal and awesome office staff. Way to go Northeast!

I have to admit that before my son started school at NE Elementary, I was concerned by the reviews I read on this site. However, I have found the school, and its staff to be wonderful! The teachers (especially my son's kinderten teacher) are great. There are a ton of fun activities for the parents to attend with the students, and the PTO is fantastic. The front office staff has been friendly enough, and I think they do a great job. The principal is very businesslike and focused, but in my experience she is not 'cold' as she has been described. When I have spoken with her, I've found her to be a lovely woman. She does not, however, roam the halls giving parents hugs. (I don't think that's in her job description.) My son loves this school, and so do I!

This school is simply the best.The teachers are fantastic, the front office is very friendly, and the Principal is doing a fine job. As far as parental involvement, there are plenty of opportunities. I am a dad an I come in and help with all sorts of stuff. As far as My kids education, This school has gone well beyond my expectations. I am very happy with this school.

From greatschools stats this sounds like a wonderful school! However, if that's what you're expecting you'll be sorely disappointed. The principal and front office are actually the two biggest offenders. The front office enjoys ignoring parents, so you'll need to speak up for yourself. Too bad, because the teachers we've encountered here are wonderful. You could not pay me enough to send my child back here next year!

Northeast is the best school for a child to attend. My children have learned so much and have had a good, fun, and playful environment.

We have attended several elementary schools and this school discourages parental involvement. The office and principal make parents feel unwelcome. Teacher morale is low. Class sizes too large and are often around 25 students per teacher.

I have been very disappointed with Northeast Elementary this year. Principal, office and general atmosphere is very anti-parent, anti-volunteering and very unfriendly.

Last modified Northeast Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.