Paoli High School

Public | 9-12

Posted September 1, 2011

Indeed!! This is one of THE great schools in not just in Oklahoma but in America. I want to be clear. I am not a resident of Paoli but one who regularly visits the area and the school. The Paoli Administration, Faculty and Students are gracious, respectful and dignified whether it is in the classroom, during sporting events in Paoli or when participating in sporting events outside of the city of Paoli. As one who officiates sporting events, I have never had any difficulties with Paoli student athletes or their supporters. They are respectful and humble in victory, magnificant and noble in defeat. This is exceptional at a time when victory by any means is too often the standard. Be proud Paoli!!! Be very proud!!

Posted November 11, 2008

I have children that attend Paoli High School and they love it. There is something there that bigger schools just cannot provide. I don't have to make my kids do their homework or get up in th mornings to go to school. That's a big plus right there. There is a small ratio of teachers to pupils and I feel like my chidren are getting the quality of education they deserve and the attention I want them to have.

Posted August 2, 2008

My children attend Paoli Schools. The school gets an A+ from me. The staff at the elementary school is wonderful. Their teachers are very caring and supportive. They have been willing to talk with me at anytime. I have had to meet with the principal on a couple of occassions. She was very fair and let me know I could call or visit anytime I felt the need. It may be a small school but the teachers and other staff have big hearts and are willing to go the extra mile to help my kids and others succeed.

Posted August 31, 2006

I am a teacher at Paoli High School. In my opinion, Paoli is one of the leading schools in the county for academic excellence. Our goal at the school is to see that each student excels in all areas, or at least has an opportunity to do so. We, as teachers, care about each student, offer specialized tutoring, sponsored by the Indian Education program, and actually take time for a one-on-one relationship with our students. We see the classroom as a beginning for each one of their lives, and what they are taught will be carried on with them throughout their careers. We are small, true, but our students wouldn't go anywhere else. They love the atmosphere and they don't have to be afraid to walk down the hallways.
—Submitted by a teacher

Grade level

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 84% in 2012.

14 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 77% in 2012.

19 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 79% in 2012.

14 students were tested at this school in 2012.

English II

The state average for English II was 88% in 2012.

19 students were tested at this school in 2012.

English III

The state average for English III was 92% in 2012.

10 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 87% in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2009.

23 students were tested at this school in 2009.

2009

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2009.

27 students were tested at this school in 2009.

2009

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 77% in 2012.

n/a

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2011-2012 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests End-of-Instruction (OCCT EOI) exams to test students in high school in several subjects. The OCCT EOI is a high school graduation requirement. The OCCT EOI exams are standards-based tests, which means they measure specific skills defined for each subject by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 96%N/A61%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

410 West Stewart