Piedmont Middle School 1

Posted January 13, 2014
The comments about buildings instead of books is correct. This is not a small school system by Oklahoma standards. The positive posts are mainly from when it was. Though it is ran like a small school with a clique system in place and admin that careless about parents thoughts and input. I have 2 children at this school and regret moving into the area. They do have laptops and are pretty much unregulated even though the faculty says they are. Parents beware this schools outgrown itself and is trying to setup a liberal college campus style learning environment. But with children . I'm not a supporter as you maybe can tell. Student teacher interaction is long gone here.

Piedmont Middle School 4

Posted October 20, 2013
Piedmont, Ok We have laptops instead of textbooks. I like how it is a small school and you know a lot more people. The school could improve there schools they are from the 1950s

Piedmont Middle School 1

Posted May 05, 2012
The Piedmont Schools have gone steadily down hill. The campus are spread apart and the administration would rather build new buildings than provide books for the students, so in many classes, students are given pirated cd copies of textbooks, or nothing at all, and may not even have access to books during class periods. Years ago the school switched to a 7 class curriculum for the middle and high school, they have added useless classes to fill in the 7 hours which takes time away from core classes. The entire school system relies on e-mail communication and will not call or send letters even when repeatedly requested. The middle school itself is horribly miss-managed. Basically, the entire Piedmont administration cannot be trusted to tell the truth in even the smallest of matters. Avoid this school system if at all possible.

Posted September 10, 2009
We are building a home and chose the location solely on the Piedmont district, coming from IMS in Yukon. We have been highly impressed so far.

Piedmont Middle School 4

Posted August 17, 2009
I go to MPS and I don't think it 'excellent' becuase there's still flaws, no matter what you do. Two major flaws is the food, and not sending messages to the students. The food is really greasy, and I usually eat school lunch food. On not sending messages to the kids, I missed the date on getting my schedule because my dad didn't read the message till it was to late (My parents mailbox is cluttered, for my dad is a CPA and my mom is a Tax Attorney.) If they had just sent Me a letter, I would have been able to have gotten my sister to take me. So my school is above average, nothing more, nothing less.

Posted May 13, 2009
Piedmont Middle school is awesome! I should know I go there and am a 6th grader. It may be my first year, but even the 8th graders agree. All the teachers are nice and the education is great!

Piedmont Middle School 0

Posted November 18, 2007
this is a great school and lots of great teachers to. the students are great and i love it here!

Posted October 16, 2004
If you want one of the best middle schools in the country, this is it. Every single person working in the school is kind, caring and concerned for each and every student. The moment you walk through the doors you will see laughing and smiling faces on both staff, faculty and students. Trust me, we purchased our home based on the school. If we were not allowed to enroll my son in this school based on our residence then we weren't buying it. I have never witnessed such team work. We are an Army family and move every two years, we have seen our share of schools. If we can remain until my son graduates we will. We are actually researching options in an attempt to make this happen.

Piedmont Middle School
823 Northwest 2nd Street, Piedmont, OK  73078
Last modified Piedmont Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Piedmont Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top