Pocola High School 1

Posted July 11, 2013
As a past attendant of Pocola High School, many of the students here are smart, but very ignorant. a very small amount of the students are African American and many of them are bullied for the color of their skin. I was one of those bullied students, the only reason that I got up in the morning, was to come to marching band practice. The Caucasian and Mexican American students and even the students that were mixed picked on me. I dated on of the band members and he had a racist grandfather, he was told that he was wrong for being with me and that he needed to never talk to me again. The classes are very slow compared to other schools, students cannot learn as much as students from other schools.

Posted November 05, 2011
As a 1985 graduate and mother of 3 children that attended the same school( only 2 chose to finish there. 1 transferred to Alma) I must say I'm disappointed in the school. I was proud to be an Insian but not so proud to be a parent bc the school has become a brick on the developing minds and personalities of our kids. The principal and school board run it like a prison more than a public school. Today's kids cannot be self expressive in any fashion with out being reprimanded for it. Also, it is one of the poorest schools around and for that reason the staff puts less heart in their passion to teach our children. There is little pride left in the pocola Indians teaching staff. Morale is lacking and censorship is in abundance. Maybe if tenure wasn't such a big part of who teaches/ runs our school , it would be better. Sadly though, the people in charge have it and use it to dominate the school.

Posted May 29, 2007

Pocola High School 4

Posted October 15, 2006
I think my school is a great school. We have one of the best Marching Bands in the state, our football team is amazing, and our cheerleaders are there for every game to show their spirit. The parents also give us a lot of the support we need.

Posted September 24, 2006
Most of the kids and the parents have a lot of school pride and spirit. It's seems that the same kids are the ones creating the most problems. I believe most of the teachers are very good, but as always, you have someone that wants to be a friend instead of a teacher.

Pocola High School 2

Posted September 20, 2006
I am a senior at Pocola. I attended all four years of high school here. I received the school report card from the ACT. Why I ask is our math scores so low, only 13% of 2006 seniors made the state average, there is something wrong with that.

Pocola High School 4

Posted July 15, 2006
Pocola is a great school though they do not have a very good school board if you are an active parent you can bet that you will get what the students need.

Posted November 01, 2004
- a former student
Pocola High School is improving steadily from a small minded school in a small town. It has the potential to grow into a decent academic facility with the recent staffing changes. You must be very involved as a parent to insure the fair treatment of your child.

Pocola High School 5

Posted August 04, 2004
I think Pocola has potential to be a great school. Things like having an art program. Every school needs an art program. No matter the cost. And Pocola has a great band. They won first place at the state marching band competition last year for one A bands. True to their slogan they are the 'Pride of Pocola'. The band and other extra curricular activities are great at Pocola. There is also a good staff on hand. And after some administration changes Pocola will be a great place to send your child to school.

Posted August 19, 2003

Pocola High School
603 Pryor Avenue East, Pocola, OK  74902
(918) 436-2042
Last modified Pocola High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pocola High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top