Posted August 16, 2014
As a child I went to McCord School. Now my three daughters attend McCord. My daughter started the school year with a speech impediment. The school placed her in speech class right away. With in 7 months they had corrected it completely. My oldest child was struggling with reading and math. The teacher worked together and found a method that worked for my daughter. She is now enjoying reading and has a high B in math. I am so thankful for the school and their staff.

Posted January 26, 2011
I am a grandmother of 10, 4 of which go to school at McCord. These 4 children do much better in school and LIKE to go to school. They are challenged individually and allowed to excell to any level. The McCord community is very active in their school. People who don't have children going to school there any longer, still go to school activities (basketball games etc.). Great teachers, administration, community.

Posted November 05, 2009

Mccord Public School 0

Posted August 07, 2005
McCord is an awesome school. My daughter will be in the 3rd grade and she is reading at a 4th grade level. The teachers are so good with the kids. They give them alot of individual help. I have two other children who went to an elementary school in Ponca and they didnt read or excel near as well as our youngest has. I would recommend McCord to anyone it is like a family they all care about the children.

Posted July 19, 2004
I have been very impressed with McCord Elementary School. My daughter has improved her grades from a 'C' average to straight 'A's'. This is the first time she has made principal's honor roll and she has so much more confidence in herself now. The teachers are so very helpful to the students and spend time one on one if a child needs it. The 5th grade class has very high ratings and I am so glad that they have a 6th grade at McCord so that she won't have to go to Ponca City where the children will not get to have any classes with their former friends because they are so crowded having all of the children in the 6th grade from Ponca City there. At McCord, she will get more individual time which is very important.

Mccord Public School
977 McCord Road, Ponca City, OK  74604
Last modified Mccord Public School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mccord Public School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top