Poteau, OK

Posted June 20, 2012
The drop off is a mess very unsafe. The principal is lame. The school is over crowed the playground is a battle field. The school ignores bulling. No special care of the overwhelming disabled children. Serious lack of nutrition in the lunch room. Megaphones in the childrens ears. Horrid school.

Poteau Primary Elementary School 2

Posted October 11, 2011
My daughter attended school here for K & 1st grade. The school is too overcrowded and the traffic situation is a nightmare. The kindergarten teacher we ended up with was unfriendly at best and my daughter really disliked her. Her 1st grade teacher was nicer but that didn t make up for all the other problems with this school. My child constantly complained that they were not given enough time to finish their lunch because it took so long to get through the lunch line. Poteau desperately needs to build a second elementary school. We have moved to a smaller school out of town and are MUCH happier with it.

Poteau Primary Elementary School 0

Posted March 10, 2010
My son started pre-school this year at Poteau and he loves it! His teacher is very patient and fun and always keeps us up to date with whats going on!!!

Posted August 25, 2008

Poteau Primary Elementary School 5

Posted January 01, 2008

Poteau Primary Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2007
We are new in Poteau Schools, but so far I am very happy with the system. My only complaint (if it can be called a complaint) is that I haven't seen any type of homework and have had no updates on what is happening with my grandson, until there is a problem. I would like to be informed of what is going on with him/his classes/schedules, etc. I am his legal guardian. He is very happy with his teachers and enjoys going to school. I just don't know what he is learning and what I need to focus on at home to help him. Sue Pitt

Poteau Primary Elementary School 5

Posted September 28, 2007
We sent our kids to two schools in the area before settling on Poteau. We drive 30 min just to get them here. It is a wonderful school! Far superior to the other schools in this area. The teachers are helpful and good with the children. All of my kids are learning a lot, and love to go there. THe only problem I have had is with the school nurse.

Posted October 25, 2004

Poteau Primary Elementary School 4

Posted October 18, 2004
I have two daughters in poteau primary school this year and another daughter who attended this school when she was in grades k-2. The classes are relatively small with approximately 20 students per classroom. I'm not sure why the other parent reviewer was so disappointed with this school. My children are having a terrific educational experience there. The teachers and staff are friendly and even support personnel know most of the students by name. The new Fast Forword reading lab and the knights of the guild character education program are only two of the many innovative methods being utilized in the poteau primary school. This school does not offer extra-curricular activities that i am aware of, but that's not why i send my kids to school.

Poteau Primary Elementary School 2

Posted September 20, 2004
I am not very happy with this school. My children are new to the school this year. The whole school is not a very welcoming school to new students. I believe there is just way to many students at that one building. ( over 600 students in Prek- 2nd) The teachers are wonderful when it comes to teaching but when it comes to making the children feel welcome I do not feel that this is there strong point. My child feels very alone there at that school. For these many reasons I am looking into another school to send my children. (Heavener or Howe) Christie

Poteau Primary Elementary School
100 Mockingbird Lane, Poteau, OK  74953
Last modified Poteau Primary Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Poteau Primary Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top