Salina, OK

Kenwood Public School 5

Posted January 17, 2011
I believe this is a great school district. With the new leadership taking place with a very involved superintendant who cares and loves the students from Kenwood, I look for great things from this district. Sports is important and encourages students to do well in academics.

Kenwood Public School 1

Posted April 07, 2009

Kenwood Public School 0

Posted November 16, 2007
Although I feel that this school is more sports oriented, and believe that it should focus more on education, I also know how important Physical Education is in school. I just wish that they would mandate PE for the whole K-8. Afterall, kids begin learning as soon as they enter into school. What they learn in Kindergarten about the importance of physical education will stay with them for the rest of their lives and could possibly make a huge difference in their later lives. As for the education that is brought to this school, I believe that this school could take one step higher in educating our children. We need an administration whose main concern are the children and not personal agendas.

Kenwood Public School 3

Posted February 15, 2005
- a former student
I strongly agree with the comment I have read on this site. The school as a whole is more into sports than education. I think they should emphasize more on education than on sports. The children there need to be on the same level as the next school that they will be attending after they graduate from there. If they are not and then it seems highly likely that they will struggle in class and ultimately end up dropping out. They should be education at the top of their list instead of sports.

Kenwood Public School 1

Posted July 10, 2003
I have three children that attend this school. This school cares more about sports than it does providing a real education. The superintendant does not care about bringing up test scores, or preparing the children for further education. When the children graduate from the eighth grade from this school, it takes them forever to catch up to the level of other schools they have to transfer to. The superintendant is also very nonhelpful,and nonprofessional.

Kenwood Public School
48625 South 502 Road, Salina, OK  74365
Last modified Kenwood Public School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenwood Public School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top