Sallisaw, OK

Posted April 28, 2010
I love this school because the teachers actually care about their students.

Posted September 14, 2009
My experience with Brushy school has been great! The teachers & staff are great! My youngest just started Kindergarten & it is amazing how much he has learned in just a few weeks. Thanks to his wonderful teacher Mrs. McKenzie. The sports and everything is great at this school. I just wish it had a high school!

Brushy Public School

Posted July 24, 2008
Last year my kids came from another district and were both struggling at the bottom of their classes. By the end of last term, I had Honor roll and student of the month certificates coming in regularly! My youngest went from reading recovery to reading advanced for his grade. Wonderful!

Brushy Public School 4

Posted June 12, 2008
Teachers there go that extra mile to make sure each child have the chance to excel in all subjects.

Posted November 06, 2007
my children have attened brushy school from the begining of there school experence and my husband and I are very pleased with the teachers at the school we have just moved to muldrow and are very sad that at the end of the semester that our children are going to have to transfer schools our oldest daughter has had a amazing time at the school and loves the fact that she gets to play sports there. guys keep up the good work and we will miss you all. cyndi lindsy and family

Posted December 14, 2006
Two of my grandchildren attend this school. It was the only school that would accpt my grand-daughter as a regular kindergarten student when she was bored in Head Start. the teachers and principle were eager to help her to excel in academics and sports. My grandson is also being encouraged to excel and is given extra assignments when he gets bored. The Brushy Academic Team is an excellent tool to keep gifted students interested in school. The coaching staff can be rough on the students, but so do the coaching staffs at all schools. If you don't push a student, he/she will not succeed. I am proud that my grandchildren attend Brushy. I encourage all parents to send their children to smaller, rural schools, where each student is treated as an individual.

Posted October 02, 2006
I would have to say that three of my four children go to a really great school and the teachers are wonderful. I love the school so much that I drove eight miles every day for the last to years to take my children to the school. thanks c lindsy

Posted August 09, 2006
My children have been going to Brushy Elementary for over 6 years now. I have found that the teachers are excellent in teaching techniques to the children that improve the childs own personal way of learning. The teachers communicate with the parents to provide the child with the best possible learning skills. My children love going to school at Brushy because of the easy going students and the discipline given on bullying others. Every child is given the discipline they need in a non-bias way. This school really cares for their students, unlike most of the schools in this area. I am not looking forward to my children going past the 8th grade and having to go to another school in this area at all! Brushy is the best in this area and will always be!

Posted March 20, 2006
My daughter has changed for the better since starting this school. Her grades are up, she is happy everyday, the teachers are amazing, providing one on one attention to our children allowing them to better understand a subject. What sports they might not offer, I believe is up to the parent to find it locally. We should all be very very proud of this place! Thank you a very satisfied mother

Brushy Public School 1

Posted February 19, 2005
In my opinion the strongest point this school has is it's quality of teachers. All the teachers are qualified,and then there's those few that are just fantastic to name one, Mrs.Keer. I hated to rate the teacher quality at 3 because Mrs.Kerr is definetly a 5. As far as sports go,well if i were to rate that it would have got a 0. The coaching is really non-existant,the P. E. class here is you either play sports or I don't care what you do,leaving several kids unattended alot of times. In my overall opinion a school is only as good as it's,student body,facaulty and principal make it. So when you have a student body guided towards being good old boys and a principal who would rather punish the group than find out who he really needs to be punishing, I don't see this school or it's moral getting any better.

Brushy Public School
100968 S 4650 Rd, Sallisaw, OK  74955
Last modified Brushy Public School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brushy Public School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top