Posted April 16, 2014
Worse school I could imagine any child attending. My child is advanced and the teacher, along with the principal is purposely holding my child back. There is NO qualitative or intelligent communication to the parents. My child has attended this school for two years and the environment, as well as the teachers have progressively gotten worse. I will be pulling my child out and they will be attending private school from now on!!! What a waste of taxpayers dollars of a school!!

Posted September 26, 2013
My son has struggled in school and transitioning. He has shown tremendous improvement. this school has shown more one on one interaction as a teacher, then any other school hes attended. I am pleased with the overall educational value Northwood Fine Arts holds for their teachers and students.

Posted August 05, 2013
I love this school. I have had my son in several schools (Tulsa and Sapulpa) and they just treated my son like he was a problem and ignored him. My son is special needs and they take such good care of him, they work with him so he can do his best and overcome his disability. Moved to Sand Springs just for this school and for my son to get the help and education he deserves.

Posted July 09, 2013
I know for a fact that each class had 24 to 25 students in a class last year. My daughter went there her teacher was unfriendly and had no classroom management skills. I know for a fact she tried several times to blame the families for incidences that took place in her classroom and when the principal was asked to do something or if we requested a transfer to another class she refused. My daughter will not be going there next year. This school is not family friendly and their staff tries to cover up issues that have taken place in that school.

Posted June 30, 2013
The school staff and adminastration have issues. I had two children there last school year. My children were bullied and nothing was done about by adminastration or by the teacher. They do not want to work with families. I know many families who have asked to have their children transferred or the family just up and moved so their children could go to a better school. This school really has a problem but still sticks to the same old philosphy of it is all the parents fault.

Posted April 25, 2013
Northwoods is a great school. Both of my children have gone through this school and have had great teachers/experiences there. the school is brand new in a beautiful area. The teachers go above and beyond my expectations to give the kids opportunities they may not experience otherwise. NFAA also had art as a resource which the other schools don't have and that is something my children loved! The PTO is also amazing! As a parent I can't ask for a better place for my children to begin their education.

Posted April 24, 2013
I cannot express how impressed I am with this school! The leadership and staff are wonderful and I feel so fortunate that my daughter has the opportunity to learn, grow, and build her educational foundation there! So thank you Northwoods for being such a blessing in our lives.

Northwoods Fine Arts Academy 2

Posted July 01, 2010
We were very disappointed with this school. The principal is uncooperative and difficult to get an appointment with or phone call from. The education is sub-par and the teachers speak very harshly with the children.

Northwoods Fine Arts Academy 0

Posted November 03, 2009
I think this school is great. My daughter is in kindergarten there and she loves it. Not only is my daughter reading above her age level but she is learning more than I would have imagined. I am glad that she has this school.

Northwoods Fine Arts Academy 2

Posted April 08, 2009
Very dissappointed in my child's education at this school. The first 6 weeks there was no full-time teacher. Substitutes came in and out of the classroom until a fulltime teacher finally came aboard. The first parent teacher conference the substitute for the week did not even attend and no one could tell me how my child was doing. Now 2 months before school is over, the teacher has finally mentioned that we need to have a conference since my child is having difficulty. There has been almost no communication from this teacher throughout the year on my child's progress. Homework assignments do not have clear instructions. It is difficult to get in contact with the teacher and several days go by without a return call. Notes to the teacher go without notice or return comments.

Northwoods Fine Arts Academy
1691 E. Old North Rd, Sand Springs, OK  74063
Last modified Northwoods Fine Arts Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Northwoods Fine Arts Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.