Sand Springs, OK

Garfield Elementary School 1

Posted February 05, 2015
There is a great lack of follow through and communication with staff and breach of confidential information by staff. They base everything on innuendo and rumor not fact.

Garfield Elementary School 2

Posted January 09, 2015
There is a clear lack of communication between instructors and parents. The report cards use the standards grading system with no key or notations to explain where my child can improve. They have blatantly asked my son to stay home on testing days so his scores would not be factored into the school's assessment and, refusing to make him stay home, they simply did not submit his scores to the state. My son is hyperactive and the school refuses to have anything to do with him unless he is drugged up. I am giving the school two stars, rather than one, for the sole reason that this school year brings a new principal to the position. We are currently considering moving away from Sand Springs specifically to put my son (and his future brother) into a better school system.

Garfield Elementary School 1

Posted August 07, 2011
its seems like the new principal is trying hard but i feel this school has a huge bulling problem,it could stem from central ele. they never wanted to hear from parents of kids getting bullied.i hope garfield is differnet. there is a lack of info from school to parent.no sure if it was the teacher or the office not informing parents about school going ons.would like to see a different music teacher,kids just dont seem to enjoy or be into what she is doing.im sure she means well but the kids look like clowns at school programs, no one can understand what in the world we just heard.office staff r very helpful and careing about my concerns.need to work harder on bullys

Garfield Elementary School 5

Posted August 25, 2009
My daughter went to Garfield last year she moved to the middle school this year. I loved Garfield. I thought Mr. Clark was the best with the students.

Garfield Elementary School 5

Posted February 27, 2008
I personally believe that Garfield is one of the best elementary schools. Considering the area it is in and from what I have seen, the lack of parent involvement, I believe Garfield does the best with what they have. I know of several teachers who stay after school on their own time to help a student understand something they are struggling with. Every school has its fault if you look hard enough.

Garfield Elementary School 3

Posted October 04, 2006
I am a new parent to Garfield but I must say I've already been rubbed the wrong way. I do believe they have a lot of offer but I'm thinking they have a lot that could be improved also. My biggest concern with them is I believe their safey is weak. I do like though that they make sure and offer music/computers/P.E. in rotating 3 days shifts.

Garfield Elementary School 2

Posted January 14, 2006
Communication at this school between parents and teachers and principal are kept to the minimal. Parent volunteering is not encouraged. This school gives you as a parent the feeling that you want the next three years to hurry up and pass as quickly as possible.

Garfield Elementary School
701 North Roosevelt Avenue, Sand Springs, OK  74063
Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garfield Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top