Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My child's teacher was either not there in the classroom or on her cell phone.

Terrible school. Staff tried to socially promote my child and send the child on to the next grade even though the child had not learned the appropriate academic concepts. 9Staff bullied my child. We have now transferred my child to a charter school where the child has grown academically and won awards.

There is a clear lack of communication between instructors and parents. The report cards use the standards grading system with no key or notations to explain where my child can improve. They have blatantly asked my son to stay home on testing days so his scores would not be factored into the school's assessment and, refusing to make him stay home, they simply did not submit his scores to the state. My son is hyperactive and the school refuses to have anything to do with him unless he is drugged up. I am giving the school two stars, rather than one, for the sole reason that this school year brings a new principal to the position. We are currently considering moving away from Sand Springs specifically to put my son (and his future brother) into a better school system.

its seems like the new principal is trying hard but i feel this school has a huge bulling problem,it could stem from central ele. they never wanted to hear from parents of kids getting bullied.i hope garfield is differnet. there is a lack of info from school to parent.no sure if it was the teacher or the office not informing parents about school going ons.would like to see a different music teacher,kids just dont seem to enjoy or be into what she is doing.im sure she means well but the kids look like clowns at school programs, no one can understand what in the world we just heard.office staff r very helpful and careing about my concerns.need to work harder on bullys

My daughter went to Garfield last year she moved to the middle school this year. I loved Garfield. I thought Mr. Clark was the best with the students.

I personally believe that Garfield is one of the best elementary schools. Considering the area it is in and from what I have seen, the lack of parent involvement, I believe Garfield does the best with what they have. I know of several teachers who stay after school on their own time to help a student understand something they are struggling with. Every school has its fault if you look hard enough.

I am a new parent to Garfield but I must say I've already been rubbed the wrong way. I do believe they have a lot of offer but I'm thinking they have a lot that could be improved also. My biggest concern with them is I believe their safey is weak. I do like though that they make sure and offer music/computers/P.E. in rotating 3 days shifts.

Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.