Sand Springs, OK

Pratt Elementary School 3

Posted March 11, 2013
My daughter has attended the school for 2 years and we have been pleased. It is a good atmosphere. They do not have an art program or art teacher. Art is also very limited in the classroom. They do offer art classes that you can pay for after school hours, but they are always on the same night of the week they never vary. I wish they would allow more parent interaction in the classroom and keep the parents more informed about what the students are learning. We have had wonderful teachers and I believe the principal truly cares about the students and he is very aware of what is going on in the school. He knows all of the students and parents by name.

Pratt Elementary School 1

Posted February 24, 2013
We removed our two kids from this school for security reasons. The principal, teachers and office staff repeatedly let unvarified persons call in to the school over the telephone without providing any verification as far as i.d. , drivers license, etc... , and say they were somebody that they were NOT and change contact and enrollment forms for our kids. If this is not the absolute greatest threat to a minor childs safety, i dont know what is!!! Even after presenting this school with court ordered documentation, they still let people change our kids personal information, and view to suit their own needs, and never one time asked to see a valid form of i.d. After several attempts , and pleading for our kids safety, to the principle and office staff of Pratt Elementary, we immediately pulled the kids from this school. listen Parents : we are not the ones who should be scruitinized and questioned and put under fire, we intrust these schools, teachers, and staff with the safety and care of our most precious belongings, OUR CHILDREN, and if any school has issues explaining any question we have with regards to the care of our kids , then there is obviously something WRONG!! no stars!!

Posted April 02, 2011
My children have attended Pratt since 2006. We transfered in each year until finally moving to Sand Springs. I am very pleased with the teachers and the overall atmosphere!

Pratt Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2009

Pratt Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2009

Posted April 10, 2009
My daugther just loves her school and Ms. Blaylock. @ kinder she can read and do a little math!!!! They challenge the students and reward them for their hard work!! We are soooo happy to live in Sand Springs!!

Posted December 30, 2008
All 3 of my daughters have attended Pratt (2 currently, 1 in middle school now). I would not have them go to any other school in Sand Springs. As far as I am concerned, it is the best school in the area. We moved out of the Pratt district for one semester and the treatment we received at that school was enough to drive us to move back to Pratt. Mr. Roberts knows each and every student by name. He knows their siblings and their parents. He is warm and inviting, but he does run a tight ship. If your child is not disciplined, he or she may have a hard time at first. I think children need discipline at school and I welcome the structure the teachers and administration provide for all students.

Posted November 07, 2008
My daughter is a current student at this school and we love it there...she does very good and most of the teachers seem to really care about the kids...she loves her principal and his dog (the school mascot)

Posted October 08, 2008
This school is ran with a dictatorship mentality. The office staff is always very rude to the parents. The cafeteria staff screams during every lunch hour. It is a very frightening school for small children until they learn they must walk in step with this dominion. The school is very overcrowded, 27 kids minimum in most classrooms. There are several other schools in our district with very small classrooms. See Limestone school as a possible alternative, excellent school, small class size. My child's classroom has been overcrowded every year and brings home so much homework and I have to be the teacher every day. I am teaching, not assisting with homework. Finally, the attitude among faculty, parents, and students is very elitist. I had a much better experience at another local elementary school with my older student/s. I look forward to our tenure at this school ending.

Posted September 11, 2007
I went to Pratt untill I moved to Florida, and it is an amazing school!

Pratt Elementary School
301 West 35th Street, Sand Springs, OK  74063
Last modified Pratt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pratt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top