Shawnee, OK

North Rock Creek Public School 2

Posted June 01, 2015
I am currently looking at another school to enroll my children in. I cannot imagine how much my children would hate school after another year of this. My child who loved school and learning now hates school and does not trust anyone at the school. He feels unsafe.

North Rock Creek Public School
Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 01, 2015
The rules changed and are warped based upon the mood of the person implementing them. It is easier to pull a child from all classes and make them sit in a room for 8 hours for weeks on end, than let them go to class and do their school work, because there might be issues. Refusing to allow the child to turn in make-up work, or even have access to the class work while sitting in the room. None of which is a suspension. Teachers saying one thing and doing another behind the child's back, making him think it is okay to be dishonest.

North Rock Creek Public School 4

Posted November 22, 2014
I really like this school. They have great athletics. My children are doing great here at NRC

Posted October 22, 2014
I absoultely LOVE NRC!! Both of my kids have attended there since P-K and they are now 15 and 9. The teachers are great, the staff is supportive and the Principal and Superintendent are very passionate about the kids. NRC is a "Great Expectations" school, they educate the "whole child" and focus on things like character, in addition to academics. They now have "Kids Rock" after school program where kids have fun learning! To address the reviews of other parents: Every school has a long line of cars that pick up kids and all have their "problem kids". Also, Dale has the WORSE bullying problem around (so bad they give tickets). NRC does a great job addressing the ISSUE as opposed to only the BEHAVIOR, which I love. ABOVE ALL, my 15 year old was academically prepared for SHS. She's in Pre-AP/Advanced classes with a 3.9 GPA. Unfortunately, NRC's rating is lower than what it deserves because of low test scores that bring down the overall average. There are many fascinating studies that link low test scores to low incomes and NRC is a rural school with its fair share of low income families. But, regardless of income, the vast majority of people are good, honest, hard working people.

Posted February 09, 2014
This is the most amazing school I have ever been part of. It is very clear that all the Teachers and the Principle are very involved in the positive development of every child both emotionally and academically. I am so glad that my grandchildren are blessed to be part of this amazing school and Faculty.

Posted August 14, 2013
FANTASTIC. So blessed to be able to take my children there. The faculty is incredible, and the school is so clean and nice.

Posted July 29, 2013
this is where my grandkids go to great school love it Mrs. Sims is a sweet lady

North Rock Creek Public School 1

Posted April 29, 2011
Bullying is alive and well at NRC! Many students suffer from bullying and the principal does nothing about it! Several have transferred out. School discipline in general is poor, again because the principal is ineffective in dealing with discipline problems. Potentially a great school, but it will never be so unless they get a handle on discipline.

Posted March 10, 2009
My kids have gone to this school for 4 years and it has been great! We have considered moving out of town several times and don't because of the school. The teachers are very caring and will call you personally if there are any problems. The pricipal was my son's pre k teacher and is the most caring person that you could want watching your students. if you are considering this school just visit for a day and i promise that you will want your student to attend.

Posted March 02, 2009
I highly recommend this school. I have not had any problems with bulllying (my daughter is in 4th) She has attended this school since PreK. The teachers are very caring. The best thing NRC has to offer is a fantastic elementary principal and an all day PreK! Also it is a part of ORES (oklahoma rural educational system) and separate from Shawnee public schools, which are not all that great. Also, where I live, the kids have a choice between attending Earlsboro High or Shawnee High, and thats a nice freedom. Also this is one of the best funded schools in the area. There is a small tribal housing area near by, but for the most part there aren't lots of 'bad kids' associated with this area, like what is often associated with public housing areas. If your looking for a good school with out the stuck-up attitudes this is it!

North Rock Creek Public School
42400 Garrett's Lake Road, Shawnee, OK  74804
Last modified North Rock Creek Public School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Rock Creek Public School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top