Posted January 21, 2014
I attended Shawnee high school after going to several schools in Maryland (1 private, 3 public). I graduated years ago but the experience I had at Shawnee high school was so much better than any other schools I attended. I went through college with straight A's and graduated law school. Only as an adult have I realize how unique this high school was- in the middle of Oklahoma, we had good teachers, my school counselor was the best, there were classes in French and Latin, and I never once saw anyone get beat up. Coming from public schools in Maryland - where there were several fights the day - that is saying something. Overall, a good school.

Shawnee High School 1

Posted September 06, 2013
I would discourage anyone who had ambition to attend a top university and enter a white collar professional career. I graduated from here, and felt unprepared when entering college. This is as far from college prep as you could imagine. In particular, the school was very weak with teaching writing skills, science and math. I had all honors classes. In my opinion, the honors classes were normal whereas the non-honors classes were a joke. The teaches who taught the honors classes were unqualified in my opinion. Most of them didn't receive degrees from reputable schools. I felt they were often petty and displayed favoritism toward certain students. The administration was petty, and would focus on punishing students for petty offenses. The student body was very conservative. I observed many racist, homophobic and religiously discriminatory remarks. The overwhelming majority of students came from middle to lower middle class families. There is also a significant evangelical Christian population at the school. I would recommend moving to OKC rather than subject your child to this school.

Posted December 15, 2012
Teachers are Awesome. They just not only teach well, but they are fun to talk to!.

Shawnee High School 2

Posted April 04, 2011
HORRIBLE DID NOT PREPARE ME FOR COLLEGE AND TEACHERS WERE MOSTLY COACHES. THEY DONT SEEM TO CARE ABOUT THE ACTUAL TEACHING PART. I WOULD NEVER PUT MY CHILD THROUGH THIS HIGH SCHOOL

Posted September 16, 2009
Education is intergrated with extra-cirrcular activities

Posted May 11, 2009
Shawnee is a great school offering a great education, If you know where to look. This being said make sure no matter what kind of student you son and or daughter is, make sure they enroll in pre-ap and AP classes not only will it look great for college but your student will be greatly prepared.

Shawnee High School 3

Posted October 29, 2008

Shawnee High School 3

Posted May 12, 2008

Posted October 17, 2007

Posted April 20, 2006
I am the parent of a shawnee high senior and have been pleased with the quality of most of the teachers. There are many teachers who have a real interest in the future of their students and do everything they can to insure they are prepared for graduation and life in the realworld. The guidence coulselors have been ready, willing and able to help when ever they were needed. Our only contact with the coaching staff has been wresteling and soccer and they have made the high school sports experience positive for our son. Their security is above excellent the police officer assigned to the school is a positive influence on the students and not just a deterent.

Shawnee High School
1001 North Kennedy Avenue, Shawnee, OK  74801
Last modified Shawnee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shawnee High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top