No rating

Liberty Academy

Private | PK-12 | 315 students

Living in Shawnee

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $94,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $572.

Posted February 1, 2010

Liberty Academy is a top notch school. It has a wonderful environment and the curriculum is superb. The extracurricular activitis are also very good. They offer volleyball, basketball, soccer, track and they also have an academic team. They also offer advanced placement classes. As shown, I have nothing but good things to say about this school. As an graduate, I reccomend it to all.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 30, 2010

I would recommend Liberty Academy to every Christian parent that wants to see their child excel above the norm.

Posted November 21, 2009

I love Liberty Academy. My children are at least a year ahead of the public school children. I should know I work for the public school. Unfortunately, the public schools have to spend so much time on large class size and discipline issues they don't have the freedom to teach what they want to teach. At Liberty, they teach superior academics, morals, and discipline. I'm very thankful to have this economical choice of schools for my kids. If you are looking for a school that has high expectations coupled with christian values this school is for you. Granted it's not for everyone but it's right for my family.

Posted July 30, 2008

My children both attended Liberty Academy from the time they were in preschool through 12th grade. One of my children attended the University of Okahoma, along with several of his Liberty classmates. His act score more than met the minimum requirement of OU. My other child graduated from Oklahoma State University. There are Liberty graduates who are now doctors, lawyers, teachers, and even one who dances in Chicago in the popular musical 'Wicked.' In the fall of 2007 a Parent/Teacher organization was formed and has been a huge success. I feel my children received an excellent education and have benefited greatly from their experience at Liberty Academy.

Posted December 20, 2007

I think Liberty is an amazing school and the teachers are really dedicated to their students.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 12, 2007

Great school. Caring, loving teachers and staff who are interested in students achieving the highest they can. Christian centered learning environment w/superior academic standards. Would recommend to anyone.

Posted March 5, 2007

The academic program at Liberty Academy is the best in the county. The school offers music, drama, basketball, cheerleading, volleyball, track and golf. The extracurricular activities offered are top notch. The high school basketball teams have one several state championships. Due to the relatively small school size and tight budget, they are unable to offer other sports such as baseball, softball and football. Contrary to some reviews, the school does encourage parental involvement when it comes to academics and extracurricular activity fundraising. The school does not have 'parent booster clubs' like many public schools. The discipline is strict in comparison to the public school environment. The school does not have much tolerance for repeat poor behavior.

Posted March 2, 2007

My kids go to Liberty. The school is excellent. Strong in academics and more importantly helps students to become the people God wants them to be.

Posted February 10, 2007

I was a student at Liberty and now send my child there--which I believe shows that it is indeed a quality school. Liberty does have high expectations for the students, but I view that as a great thing--I expect the best from my child as well! And if there is a problem with parental involvement it is that...a teacher is always available--you just have to ask!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 26, 2007

I have went to this school and I have to say it is not so good. Even though this school is 'advanced' they do not get the basics in. Every teacher at the school has a good heart but stop the unfairness. They need to straighten out some of the kids and give them some free time, these are kids for crying out loud!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 13, 2006

My children currently attend Liberty School. I am also a Shawnee public school substitute teacher. My children's academics accedes far above children in the public school system. I am an active participant in my children's academics. The staff a Liberty are quality educators and have the upmost integrity. Principals have met with me at moment notices and have met with teachers to follow my children's improvement. When there are activities, I find more parents attend than those of public schools. I am secure with the safety my children receive at Liberty. I highly recommend Liberty School. Some parents and children, however, may not be ready for Liberty's high academic standards, discipline, and Christian influence.

Posted May 9, 2006

Liberty was a disappointment. There is also no parental involvement, as this is not encouraged by the 'school'. This school is not accredited which was an unpleasant shock as my children must be re-tested to enter school next year, either public or private. The bulletin boards are cute, but overall that is the best part about the school.

Posted April 17, 2006

My son attended the Pre-K classes for three years. His social skills improved during that time and he mastered many academic skills. Liberty administered the Kindergarten Readiness test during his third year there. My son was deemed 'not ready' for kindergarten after taking this test. Subsequent testing by outside sources (developmental specialists) revealed that my was indeed ready for kindergarten. In fact, his vocabulary was that of a 9-year-old. Liberty would not allow re-testing by their staff to confirm this. Subsequently, my son will go to kindergarten elsewhere. I feel that the school's standards are too rigid and do not allow for the needs of children who do not automatically conform to their criteria of 'acceptable'.

Posted March 29, 2005

My children have gone to Liberty Academy for 3 years now. During this time I have seen a drastic improvement in the Reading program, encouraging children to excel. The Elementary principal really works with the parents in meeting their child's individual needs. However, the area that I am least impressed with is the fact that there is not any real type of parent/teacher organization. There is one conference at the beginning of the year, lasting approximately 15 minutes. It is difficult to be involved with the teacher and to get any type of insight into what is going on in the classroom and with your child specifically. I also believe that if more parents could be involved, there would be more volunteers for various projects, therefore taking a load off of the teachers. Overall, I would recommend Liberty.

Posted November 4, 2004

Liberty is a wonderful school with caring teachers and staff. The academic standards are high and the classroom size small with a stirct code of conduct making the classroom and school environment very conducive to learning.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

Po Box 1176