Grove Public School 4

Posted October 07, 2013
This is a small school with a great environment for children to learn in. The teachers all love their students and would do anything to help them out.

Grove Public School 1

Posted August 06, 2012
I agree with the posts of August 3 2012 and June 2, 2012, bullying is not addressed by teachers or administration when observed or brought to their attention by parents. Their main concern seems to be maintaining a "model school " status.

Grove Public School 2

Posted August 03, 2012
My grandchild attended this school for the first time. Although we didn't experience bullying from other children, we did have several classroom issues and we too met with the administration. We also were presented with a feeling that it was all going to be handled. We had concerns that if we made a fuss, we would get the boot letter. Issues were not handled and guess what we got the same Sorry our school is now full and transfer denied. After all our grandson went through and ourselves, we now see it as a blessing. Do not look at the cover of the book, look at what is inside it. To the Post on June 2, 2012. Follow your heart and protect your child there is better and greater things awaiting her.

Grove Public School 3

Posted June 02, 2012
My child has attended Grove the last 3 years because of all the great things we had heard. My child always felt like an outsider from day one. They had trouble fitting in with the other children due to not having the latest technology or wearing the latest fashion of clothes. My child was constantly told she looked pregnant and was fat and ugly. My child had numerous others push her, kick her and be aggressive towards her. Countless incidents were reported. My child came home in tears every night saying they hated that school. The administration would act as if they would take care of the issue and then sweep it under the rug. We were told our child was not being bullied, but that there was only a conflict between the children. Once a child reacts to the bullying it is considered a conflict. Once we addressed multiple issues and escalated them, we were blacklisted and received a letter saying our transfer was denied due to growth in the school district. We have had another friend whose child experienced bullying this year and received same letter. The administration refuses to address bullying because they don't want their "model" school image to be tarnished with problems.

Grove Public School 4

Posted September 21, 2010
The teachers and staff really love the kids and help them reach their full potential.

Grove Public School 5

Posted July 13, 2010
I have been impressed with the academics at this school as well as the family atmosphere. My children both had terrific, caring, professional educators this past year who nurtured them and helped boost their confidence. Kudos to Grove!

Grove Public School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
The curriculum is about average, but we have had problems with bullying and the administration is unwilling to get involved unless the parent makes it an issue (as we have had to do several times.) One of my child's teachers dropped the F-bomb in class and used other profane language. Some of the teachers don't seem able to control their classes, either. The school is very clique-ish so expect that. Most of the teachers are good as stated by other reviewers, however, in looking at academic rankings, Grove doesn't place higher than Shawnee schools. This is a good school, but its far from great.

Grove Public School 1

Posted January 24, 2010

Grove Public School 0

Posted December 02, 2009
This is by far the best school in the Shawnee area. I too wish that the school was able to take students all the way thru highschool. These are the most well-rounded students I have seen. The test results show it, their community involvement is prominent, and they are excelling in music, arts, computer skills. Most teachers have been around a long time, most have their masters, they expect your best each day. I love this school just as much as my daughter does!

Grove Public School 5

Posted January 31, 2009
The school is fantastic! Academics are stressed above all else. Students are taught respect and responsibility. The curriculum goes above the state requirement. Students are prepared to achieve above their peers at other schools. The teachers are all 100% highly qualified. The district constantly striving for improvement. They just completed a massive expansion and modernization project nearly doubling the size of the school and providing several amazing aesthetics. My children are happy, and enjoy going to school. They truly love their teachers! Have you ever seen kids that were upset at a snow day? They didn't want to miss the class activities their teachers had planned. What a shock. My biggest complaint is that the school only goes from pre-k to eighth grade. Why no high school? Come on guys, get with the program - Go K-12. This is truly a superior school.

Grove Public School
2800 North Bryan Street, Shawnee, OK  74804
Last modified Grove Public School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grove Public School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top