No rating

Marrs Elementary School

Public | PK-2

Posted January 14, 2014

my school is Marrs Elementary in Skiatook OK. My grand kids have gone there since kindergarten except for one year/ that year was lost to them in a inferior school in Tulsa. Marrs cares, loving teachers, office staff that knows all the kids, great programs. There has never been a bad day for my little ones at Marrs. They are growing up and I hope they can all graduate from the Skiatook system. I couldn't be happier with the education these kids are getting. I have nothing but the best to say about Skiatook Schools

Posted January 14, 2014

I feel like their is no help for your child if the teacher thinks he has ADHD. Their suggestion is to put the child on drugs. The child is a foster child. Have they ever consider a lot of the child's problem might be adjusting to losing their family. Every child wants their biological parents to raise them. This does not necessarily mean that because the child is not always good that they need to be put on drugs. Give the child a break contact the parents when their isn't a problem so they can see if it is a pattern that is causing the misbehavior. There are other methods of helping a child besides drugs. The teacher can not determine this within two months. I am not saying the teacher isn't doing her job I am saying that some children need a little time to adjust to all the changes going on in their life.

Posted October 28, 2013

This school was wonderful as far as the teachers go, but there was little to no supervision on the playground. My son reported incidents to me such as kids pulling down their pants and urinating on the tires on the playground, fighting (arranged by second graders), bullying, rock throwing, kids pulling legs off of frogs and insects, just to mention a few. When I asked him where the teachers were when this was occurring, he told me that the teachers don't go to recess, just the helpers do. Then he said that they "sit around on chairs and talk to each other during recess." Nice! When I reported this to the principal, her response to me was, "well, what do you want me to do about it?" Given that opening, I gave her an earful of what I wanted her to "do about it". She refused, citing "privacy reasons." So, I told her, "forget it, I'll take care of it." I then called the parents that I knew and told them of the incidents. Needless to say, they were horrified and put a stop to the behavior of their children. Every day that I dropped my son off at this school, I felt like a horrible parent for leaving him at this dirty ghetto school. Somehow he survived this school!

Posted April 26, 2006

We moved to Skiatook 2 years ago and we have had a wonderful experience at Marrs. My son was diagnosed with ADD and the teachers have been extremely helpful and supportive. I LOVE Marrs! Sharon Langenberg

Posted September 19, 2004

Marrs Elementry is a GREAT School. The teachers, Principal and all there staff want to make sure the kids learn what they need to, no matter what it takes.I could not have found a better school for my children in our area.The staff has patience,respect,loyalty,love, and dedecation for all it's students. They also have wonderful programs for the handycap children, in which my son will start next year.I know he is gonna love going to school at ECC and Marrs. THANKS FOR LISTENING, Hope everyone has the best experence that I have had with this school.

Posted July 24, 2004

When I was moving to Skiatook, my realtor was unfamiliar with the schools. The Marrs principal told me of the 1/2 day preschool, full day Kindergarten, Transitional 2nd grade and assistants in the classrooms. We moved here and my children excelled with the excellent and experienced staff and principal!

Posted July 13, 2004

Skiatook school are the best. Would not trade another school for my kid's.

Posted August 26, 2003

My oldest child is currently attending school here and the teachers are wonderful. They really care about the children and the involve the parents a lot. Three cheers for Skiatook!

Posted August 10, 2003

My children used to go to Sand Springs public schools where saftey is a nightmare and children aren't taught if they aren't perfect; they are tossed aside and labled. Thank goodness for Marrs and Skiatook public schools!

Native American 26% 16%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%
Source: State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 155%N/A61%
Special education 28%N/A15%
Source: 1 NCES, 2011-2012
Source: 2 State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1100 South Osage