Bad
Good

my school is Marrs Elementary in Skiatook OK. My grand kids have gone there since kindergarten except for one year/ that year was lost to them in a inferior school in Tulsa. Marrs cares, loving teachers, office staff that knows all the kids, great programs. There has never been a bad day for my little ones at Marrs. They are growing up and I hope they can all graduate from the Skiatook system. I couldn't be happier with the education these kids are getting. I have nothing but the best to say about Skiatook Schools

I feel like their is no help for your child if the teacher thinks he has ADHD. Their suggestion is to put the child on drugs. The child is a foster child. Have they ever consider a lot of the child's problem might be adjusting to losing their family. Every child wants their biological parents to raise them. This does not necessarily mean that because the child is not always good that they need to be put on drugs. Give the child a break contact the parents when their isn't a problem so they can see if it is a pattern that is causing the misbehavior. There are other methods of helping a child besides drugs. The teacher can not determine this within two months. I am not saying the teacher isn't doing her job I am saying that some children need a little time to adjust to all the changes going on in their life.

This school was wonderful as far as the teachers go, but there was little to no supervision on the playground. My son reported incidents to me such as kids pulling down their pants and urinating on the tires on the playground, fighting (arranged by second graders), bullying, rock throwing, kids pulling legs off of frogs and insects, just to mention a few. When I asked him where the teachers were when this was occurring, he told me that the teachers don't go to recess, just the helpers do. Then he said that they "sit around on chairs and talk to each other during recess." Nice! When I reported this to the principal, her response to me was, "well, what do you want me to do about it?" Given that opening, I gave her an earful of what I wanted her to "do about it". She refused, citing "privacy reasons." So, I told her, "forget it, I'll take care of it." I then called the parents that I knew and told them of the incidents. Needless to say, they were horrified and put a stop to the behavior of their children. Every day that I dropped my son off at this school, I felt like a horrible parent for leaving him at this dirty ghetto school. Somehow he survived this school!

Last modified Marrs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1