Bad
Good

Skiatook Intermediate Elementary School 5

Posted October 28, 2013
This is hands-down the best school in the Skiatook school system. If you have to go to public school (and we chose to because of the distance to private schools), this school is the best. The teachers and principals and staff are excellent, kind, and caring. I have been a parent here for six years, and have had two children attend this school. I have only had a bad experience with one teacher. When I spoke to her directly about the situation, she took my child aside and apologized to her, and asked my daughter to forgive her. The key to liking this school is to be an involved parent. There are many opportunities to help.

Skiatook Intermediate Elementary School 1

Posted October 09, 2013
This school has a serious problem with bullying, and communication between the school staff and parents. The School seems to have the mindset that the public school and socialist views of public are the only way and education the children should view. The school does not encourage active parenting. I have had a few personal situations where my child has been disciplined by the school, but was aloud to withhold this from us. An arrangement was made between my daughter and the principal to have detention before school that way we as parents would not find out. This was confirmed by the principal. I have since removed my children from this school to engage in a home schooling plan. Please parents, if you love your children, do not rely on the school system to be your children's only source of education. No body loves them and cares about their well being as much as you do.

Skiatook Intermediate Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2007
This is my child'd first and last year at Skiatook Intermediate Elementary. We have found the teaching to be very inconsistent. One teacher (this is her first year) is kind and encouraging in her teaching style while a veteran teacher embarrasses kids in front of their classmates to the point that they are no longer willing to ask questions. The principal seems to have good intentions but is ineffective when dealing with conflict resolution. There is virtually no communication between school and home. Any questions or suggestions I have made to encourage better communication have been met with scorn or hostility. I have been told more than once that the teacher knows what it best and it is not my place to question anything at school. Bullying seems to be a daily problem with no corrective action. I would not allow my child to be educated in this environment.

Skiatook Intermediate Elementary School 5

Posted November 28, 2005
What a wonderful institution of learning! Tim Buck and his staff are top notch! My son has attended this school for 3 years and I am sad that this staff can't go on with him! The care and concern that the teachers have in this school is amazing! One of the most impressive aspects of this school is the professionalism that Mr. Buck shows everyday in the way that he conducts business and talks to every student! GREAT SCHOOL!

Skiatook Intermediate Elementary School
2200 West Oak Street, Skiatook, OK  74070
Last modified Skiatook Intermediate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skiatook Intermediate Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top