Sterling, OK

Posted September 23, 2012
If you want to go to school where bullying is excepted this is the place for you. I was bullied from the time I was in 4th grade til I graduated and uad taken it to higher authority multiple times and teachers sat back and watched and did nothing. I played sports for years and was an excellent player, but coaches only play people who are family or they know from family friends. This school all depends on what your last name is. It depends on how much money you have. Its a very materialist school. I have disliked this place since kindergarden. I transfered schools for a year and found myself a lot happier at the other school. SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO ELGIN OR FLETCHER IF YOUR IN THIS AREA.

Posted September 17, 2009
The town and school is a very safe place. There isnt a better place to play high school baseball or softball in the state. Because there is no football this allows the full attention to grades and baseball. A remarakble amount of students graduate and recieve some type of colledge money. My dayghter recieved many schorships that added up to a full ride for four years.

Posted January 25, 2008
I have two children in the Sterling school system and am very pleased with the education they are receiving at the hands of a well qualified faculty. There is a lot of interest in sports and agriculture but this is to be expected in any small school across the state. My son will graduate this year with nine college credit hours thanks to the concurrent enrollment program with Cameron University and hpefully my dauighter will do the same when she graduates in 2010. Having moved into the district twenty years ago, I've come to know hundreds students and former students of which a large percentage have completed a college education, many of these with master's degrees and a few doctorates. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't hesitate to put my children in Sterling Public Schools.

Posted May 27, 2007
Sterling High School offers a well rounded curriculum. Standardized tests and ACT test scores are high. The school's API is among the highest in the area. Approximately 25% of the seniors take concurrent college classes. Baseball, basketball, and softball programs are all very strong led by quality coaches. New forensics classes are outstanding. Interest in music is not high, but Sterling has an outstanding music teacher. FFA program is known state wide. The majority of the students come from two parent homes so parental involvement is very good. The community supports all programs

Sterling High School 2

Posted May 25, 2007
- a former student
As a recent graduate I have to say this school is the worst school you could ever enroll your child into. The faculty and staff only care about those who are into sports, or academics. If you don't fall into this category you don't exist to them. Do you child a favor and put them into a better school that has a lot more to offer for them. If I could do it all over again I'd go to a completely different school

Posted November 26, 2006
- a former student
I am a graduate of Sterling High School. I found Sterling to be one of the best schools that I attended. I attended 2 other High Schools prior to coming to Sterling. I did not play sports,but I was encouraged continually to do my best. I was not one of the elite, but I was treated fairly. I was encouraged to do well to prepare myself for college. I went to collage and excelled with a 3.9 average. I credit my success to the teachers at Sterling High School. I feel that school is what you put into it. If you don't try your best and expect the best then any school will not meet your approval. Parents need to support the teachers and the school so their children will respect the teachers and the school. Parents and teachers must work together for the children's success.

Posted November 07, 2005
- a former student
I am a recent grad from Sterling. I believe that Sterling is one of the worst schools in this area. Shortly after graduating and entering college, I realized that Sterling had failed to provide me with the education needed to excell in college. My freshman year in college was difficult because I was unprepared in all academic areas. This was a surprise to me since at Sterling, I was ranked at the top of my class. Although my first year in college was difficult because I had to catch up with the other college freshman who had attended other and obviously better schools, I did eventually excell in college. I choose to pursue a degree in elementary education because I hope to provide students with a better education than I recieved. As a teacher myself, I know that there are excellent schools in this area, but Sterling is definitely not one.

Posted September 30, 2005
I have 1 student who graduated from Sterling High School with 9 college hours and took AP English and passed the test so she didn't have to take Freshmen comp in college. She had excellent teachers from kindergarten through her senior year. My other daughter is an 8th grader and has also had excellent teachers throughout her school years. I would highly recommend Sterling Schools to anyone who wants a small school with great teachers who care about their students.

Sterling High School 2

Posted August 03, 2005

Posted March 29, 2005

Sterling High School
400 S Tiger Blvd, Sterling, OK  73567
Last modified Sterling High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sterling High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top