Bad
Good

If you want to go to school where bullying is excepted this is the place for you. I was bullied from the time I was in 4th grade til I graduated and uad taken it to higher authority multiple times and teachers sat back and watched and did nothing. I played sports for years and was an excellent player, but coaches only play people who are family or they know from family friends. This school all depends on what your last name is. It depends on how much money you have. Its a very materialist school. I have disliked this place since kindergarden. I transfered schools for a year and found myself a lot happier at the other school. SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO ELGIN OR FLETCHER IF YOUR IN THIS AREA.

The town and school is a very safe place. There isnt a better place to play high school baseball or softball in the state. Because there is no football this allows the full attention to grades and baseball. A remarakble amount of students graduate and recieve some type of colledge money. My dayghter recieved many schorships that added up to a full ride for four years.

I have two children in the Sterling school system and am very pleased with the education they are receiving at the hands of a well qualified faculty. There is a lot of interest in sports and agriculture but this is to be expected in any small school across the state. My son will graduate this year with nine college credit hours thanks to the concurrent enrollment program with Cameron University and hpefully my dauighter will do the same when she graduates in 2010. Having moved into the district twenty years ago, I've come to know hundreds students and former students of which a large percentage have completed a college education, many of these with master's degrees and a few doctorates. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't hesitate to put my children in Sterling Public Schools.

Sterling High School offers a well rounded curriculum. Standardized tests and ACT test scores are high. The school's API is among the highest in the area. Approximately 25% of the seniors take concurrent college classes. Baseball, basketball, and softball programs are all very strong led by quality coaches. New forensics classes are outstanding. Interest in music is not high, but Sterling has an outstanding music teacher. FFA program is known state wide. The majority of the students come from two parent homes so parental involvement is very good. The community supports all programs

As a recent graduate I have to say this school is the worst school you could ever enroll your child into. The faculty and staff only care about those who are into sports, or academics. If you don't fall into this category you don't exist to them. Do you child a favor and put them into a better school that has a lot more to offer for them. If I could do it all over again I'd go to a completely different school

I am a graduate of Sterling High School. I found Sterling to be one of the best schools that I attended. I attended 2 other High Schools prior to coming to Sterling. I did not play sports,but I was encouraged continually to do my best. I was not one of the elite, but I was treated fairly. I was encouraged to do well to prepare myself for college. I went to collage and excelled with a 3.9 average. I credit my success to the teachers at Sterling High School. I feel that school is what you put into it. If you don't try your best and expect the best then any school will not meet your approval. Parents need to support the teachers and the school so their children will respect the teachers and the school. Parents and teachers must work together for the children's success.

Last modified Sterling High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.