Stillwater, OK
Before care: Yes

Posted August 10, 2014
Skyline has great teachers and excellent test scores. It is a Title I school but the testing scores are that of higher socioeconomic schools.

Skyline Elementary School 4

Posted March 01, 2014
Overall, I think Skyline Elementary is a good school. The teachers we've had the past 3 years have been great. Any issue we may have is resolved quickly. Good communication from teachers. I only wish there were a gifted program in the school district for the kids who need more of a challenge. For those people giving bad ratings, as a parent part of the responsibility falls on me to make sure my child is learning and being challenged daily. Can't blame the schools for anything if I'm not doing my part. Stillwater schools have been doing great. Check their report card http://afreportcards.ok.gov/Files/ReportCards2013/201360I016120.pdf

Skyline Elementary School 1

Posted February 12, 2014
Staff members went out of their way to make my daughter feel uncomfortable about not being from a christian home. Tried addressing my concerns with the Principal and she didn't seem to care at all, and the situation actually got worse after that point. We spent two years at this school and while there are a few good teachers mixed in, my kids will never go here again.

Skyline Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2011
I moved here because Skyline was such a pretty school. Don't make my mistake. This school has a nightmarish car line. What is suppose to be one drop off lane quickly turns into three lanes of parked cars. It also has one continuous lane of traffic, bringing it to four lanes of traffic. Also, there are parents and children walking right in the middle of it. There is one outstanding man that helps the children in the cross walk. His job is to stop the traffic to protect the children walking. His job is not to direct traffic. So if you cant arrive early, you will be stranded about two blocks away waiting behind cars that do as they please. I am most unhappy with the math program. Stillwater Public Schools use Terc Math. If you are unfamiliar with this type of math, search on youtube for math an inconvenient truth. If you can, send your children to another city altogether. Not every school district in Oklahoma uses this kind of math. I have heard good things about Perkins School District. I was also pleased with Cushing Public School. If I would have known last year what I know now, I would have never moved to Stillwater.

Posted September 16, 2009
Skyline school was the greatest experience for Stillwater children compared to all the others.

Posted September 27, 2008

Skyline Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2006
If it weren't for Mrs. Shell, my daughter's Pre-k teacher, I would say that Skyline is in for a steady decline. For two years now, my daughter has digressed educationally, and is surrounded by insensitivity from teachers without the proper training and education to handle children outside of their ideal makeup. I hope for the sake of other students at this school, that the criteria for teachers expands past educational sucesses, or even experience. After such a depressing experience, I certainly will not be sending my younger child. I am currently saving to be able to send my children to private school. If there is anything worth working toward, it's the future of our children. I truly hope that any parent that is considering this school for their child realizes that what you see is not always what you get.

Posted January 18, 2006
I think Skyline is a great school. My daughter started first grade and already she has learned more than I anticipated. The parent involvement is wonderful and make me feel really good about being a part of the school family. The learning stlye is ceneted around the childrens needs and gives them a warm and relaxed atmosphere in which to study.

Posted February 17, 2005
- a former student

Skyline Elementary School 4

Posted February 17, 2005
Skyline is a great school that teaches students about life principles and develops an open and caring community. Skyline is currently using Math Investigations and Science modules to teach in a more student centered and interactive way. Students are allowed to learn through exploration and are experiencing things that many students do not get to experience.

Skyline Elementary School
1402 East Sunrise Avenue, Stillwater, OK  74075
Last modified Skyline Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyline Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top