Bad
Good

Parent and former faculty member - this is a wonderful school with a loving, committed staff, great families, and awesome kids. Teachers, principals, librarian, support staff - every single person made my child feel at home. Class were challenging without being intimidating and middle school moments amongst our favorite school memories. I am continually grateful for what Stillwater Schools has done for my family.

Principal is a talking head - not a leader. She is a puppet of the district and this age group needs someone strong to guide the students through this difficult transition. Since it is the only free choice in the District, pray you get good teachers because you won't get administrative support. So many have left, though, it will be hard.

First time around, middle school was fine. This time, I needed help with a problem my child faced. I am reducing my star rating because of my experience with the principal. My child enjoyed the classes and the teachers. The playground was a problem and I am reducing my star rating because my difficulties in communication with the principal leads me to believe a lot of problems are swept under the rug.

There are a lot of safety concerns. Every time I go there, I hear cussing in the halls (even when one of the principals is standing there) and after school during the pick up the kids are bad. The teachers are nice. Very little homework or academic challenges. Principals are nice, the head principal is good about going to orchestra concerts and football games. On the surface the school is good but when I look deeper, I see that the principals are in over their heads and the school is unsafe, unsanitary, and unchallenging. The teachers are nice. The parent conferences are with students with teachers hovering about the room. There is no chance to really get to know a teacher they way we did at our elementary school. I think the school is complacent because there are not any other middle schools in town to go to that are not religious.

Fantastic.Very Nice,and also Sanitary.Great food.And excellent staff.

Last modified Stillwater Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.