Tahlequah, OK
Students enrolled: 1,128

Posted July 14, 2015
This school has great programs and amazing teachers who invest in the students and care about their education. It also has a wide variety of incredible art and extra curricular programs for the students to take part in. The teacher leadership from teachers like Holly Stocks, Michael Peters, Chuck Pack, Josh Allen, Mark Jordan, Brenda McClain, and Jason Proctor greatly enhance the education experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 14, 2015
Teachers for the most part invest in student's education, care for the students well being, and care for their education.

Posted January 17, 2015
The quality of learning I recive there declines on a daily basis. Favoritism runs rampant there.

Posted May 21, 2010
I must say that I am very disappointed in this school. The school's discipline policy needs to be enforced. If you have a child that skips school, this is not the school for you, look elsewhere. As a parent, I was repeatedly aware as well as the school attendance that our child was skipping class however nobody wanted to do anything as far as discipline. I even called and asked that the child be punished for their actions but they didn't. A parent would like to think that the school would be more intolerant of this behavior, but not this school. The kids fight a lot and even went as far as putting videos on the internet of the fights. This school definitely needs to be reminded that they dealing with MINORS and are responsible for them and quit running the school like a college with too many freedoms.

Posted October 08, 2009
I think it's an amazing High School with a wide array of classes. The teachers there are amazing and some of the kindest I've ever met. But they are very short on resources and struggle every day to teach with what little they can afford.

Posted February 22, 2009
This school rocks. I don't care what anyone says. This is, without a doubt, the best school this side of the Mississippi.

Posted August 14, 2008
I have attended this school for two years and I think that it is one of the best school in Oklahoma. All the teachers are very nice and care about there students. They even give you there cell phone number and tell you to text them if there is problem in class or something!!! So I think this school is amazing.

Posted April 25, 2008
I am an alumni and a parent of two kid that have went to Tahlequah schools. We have no sports program, If you know someone or go to church with a coach you will get to play and it has been that way for a long time.

Posted April 15, 2008
I am an alumni of this school. And when I went there I hated it. Poor leadership, poor instructors, poor administration. The sports program, well, there isn't one. I am a sophomore in college now, and I had to teach myself how to study because the classes were so easy, I did not have to study in high school. I never cracked a book. It was a horrible experience.

Posted June 29, 2006
This school is by far not one the good schools around the tahlequah area. I reccomend you put your students in a different school. The school itself is ''ok'' but they need to watch the students behavor, grades, and thier actions toward eachother.

591 Pendleton Street, Tahlequah, OK  74464
Last modified Tahlequah High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tahlequah High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top