Bad
Good

Briggs Public School 1

Posted November 21, 2014
My son was at a basketball game with his school and he was rooting for his school sitting behind the Briggs basketball coach. No he shouldn't have done that and he has been reprimanded for it. However, I don't believe that is a reason for the coach to behave like a child and resolve to verbal insults about or to a child. Shame on you.

Posted September 23, 2013
We switched our children to Briggs school to get away from the town school where there's just too many kids, over 1200! We wanted our children to be in a smaller classroom setting to enhance their education and skills. Briggs has been a blessing, the teachers and staff are wonderful!!! So glad we switched!

Posted August 01, 2013
I have two girls who are attending Briggs for the second year now. We don't even live within the district. I was tired of all the teacher/coach drama that was happening at Tahlequah Public schools and personally decided to check into Briggs. We set up to meet the the Briggs principle, Mr.Ritz, all just absolutely fell in love with him! He is definitely a child advocate and cares a lot about education. Briggs is not all about sports, but yes they do have the best coaches and sports starts in 3rd grade so all kids get a chance to play, not like in town where it's about politics and not the kids. Briggs also has great teachers, an awesome curriculum and they have so much to offer!! My girls haven't been happier and it was the best decision we as educated parents have made. Briggs may be small but their heart for children is big..what more could you ask for?

Briggs Public School

Posted December 08, 2009
I read all the comments left my students, parents and some teachers. And this is what has compelled me to write. My children have been attending Briggs for 7 years now. I agree to some degree sprorts is a vital role in the school system. But maybe we should look at it that we have some great coaches that make for some great teams and we hear about sports so much because they are really that good. My children have not played ball for Briggs. My concern falls to all children need excercise daily. We are in a community that has diabeties. And we all need to do our part to fight it. If I for one second thought my children were not getting the right education I would NOT have them at Briggs. Some of the Best Teachers are at Briggs School.

Posted January 21, 2009
My girls have been there the last 2 years in the pre k program and I love it..

Briggs Public School 4

Posted November 06, 2008
Personally, I loved going to Briggs and I have absolutly no problems in high school in any of my subjects. And if Briggs had a high school, I would probably go there. I do however think that the school is focused mainly on sports.

Briggs Public School 2

Posted October 04, 2006
There have been numerous problems with the education that I have seen people have that have come out of Briggs Elementary school. The education is not the highest of standards. I've done my internship there and it is a shame that there are some rather bright children there who cannot bloom to their full potential. I personally would not allow my children to attend Briggs public school.

Briggs Public School 1

Posted March 15, 2006
Briggs truely is a sports oriented school. They do try to get as many grants as possible, no matter how they have to get them. Which isn't always a good thing. The teachers, some are great and some are in mid life crisis or burnouts who need to find other jobs. I have to be very careful who's class my child is in, we have run into racism at this school and prejudice. Changes are needed severly in this school.

Briggs Public School 2

Posted January 14, 2006
I agree with the person who commented about Briggs, and with the young lady who said it's great if you play sports.....that's the truth. all the actually learning they get is up until the 2nd grade. after that is's about SPORTS. and of course the grants. my children have both been suggested for special ed. the SE is no good at briggs, so if they needed it they wouldn't get it there. but that's the crooked system i've been through and now my kids HAVE to go through because of where we live. maybe the money i use for the lottery,for educational purposes, will win me enough to move my kids where education matters instead of sports. which my children both play ball.

Posted January 09, 2006
I think briggs is the best school i have ever been to and i love everything about it!

Briggs Public School
17210 South 569 Road, Tahlequah, OK  74464
Last modified Briggs Public School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.