Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

Berryhill for years has always ranked higher than most all the public schools in the area. They seem to score well on the state tests, and many graduates go onto college. As with all the public schools here, they suffer from lack of state funding , so slowly everything getting cut, more kids in class, and so on. The school gets a bad rap from surrounding areas for being snobbish and exclusive. I think because its not big enough for all kids to find their niche. Main focus is football, basketball, cheer, and church. You are either IN crowd or an underdog. Theres several families who have lived here a hundred years, so if you marry into one of these families and carry the name, you will do great no matter what. If you teach, excel in sports, or own a good money making business you will fare very well. . I never fully understood the exclusiveness because It is mostly blue collar working class families with a mix of some higher college degrees. It is an ideal environment for a big fish to take over because its a small pond . There are so many pros & cons. A student in this school needs to be confident . Don't let the little people get you down, focus on school work, and get involved in activities. Its been a few years since I had a kid there, but those school years caused our family some anxiety.

Nice little community, known for their good school system.

Absolutely the best school system around. Excellent educational opportunities & extra curricular activities. Same school system from pk to 12th grade.

I am at everyone of my child's school events if I can not make it my husband does. We try to make it a point to be involved as much as possible, To get to know the teachers, principal, ext. Our child was having problems keeping up in her class and her teacher stays an hour over every Tuesday to tudor her. Kudos to Berryhill. Also we wanted to get our daughter into cheer. We where not shure that we could afford it but we did and she loves it. The cheer squad and coaches treat her no different from the rest of the girls. We love Berryhill . We hope that our daughter graduates from Berryhill High School.

I'm torn. On the one hand, I think there are some great teachers and it's a wonderful small community. I feel like the teachers work hard to listen to parents' concerns and want the kids to succeed. But, I have a list of dislikes too. 1) There are cliques for sure and breaking into those is hard. 2) I really dislike how the sports' programs work. Kids who don't cough up hundreds of dollars to sign up don't get to play from a very young age instead of it being part of the PE program (which is actually divided between PE, Music and Library rotating that hour everyday). 3) The school is continually asking for money for everything from art projects to popcorn days to presents for teachers to parties. While some are voluntary, if the kids don't have money, they are excluded from some things. 4) Lunch breaks and recess are way too short (15 min each?). I've been with my kids at lunch and don't know how they eat it all when standing in line for their lunch is part of the 15 min. 5) Way too much homework. My kids have been in several schools never having this much. I'm torn about leaving due to those dislikes because I've seen them affect my children negatively.

We love Berryhill schools. Great teachers, administrators and parents. It is a small community and I know that the teachers would do anything to keep my children safe. We would highly recommend this school!

The main focus is on the 'in crowd' and football. If your family didn't grow up here, then you aren't in the clique. There is a nice football field- but NO computer classes for elementary, NO gifted & talented program, and field trips average about 1 per year, or some years 0. Curriculum is mainly worksheets, repetitive & boring, with a learn it or don't attitude, very outdated styles of teaching and discipline. The staff does have high expectations for the students, but not many are willing to put effort into helping students reach the expectations. We've been extremely disappointed with this school.

Berryhill Public Schools is a small district in a large city. Students get the attention needed to ensure success from grade to grade.

I am very pleased with Berryhill Elementary. The Administration. teachers, staff, students and parents all work very well together. It feels like family! The daily behavior reports in Thursday folders are very informative. It is a system that is run throughout the entire elementary school and each child knows from the 1st day they attend Berryhill what is expected of them. Great school!! We love it!! Go Chiefs!!

We have been terribly unimpressed by the lack of professionalism among the teachers and administration. With such a small district, there seems to be little or no accountability.

Last modified Berryhill Es South is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.