Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 25, 2016
Thank you to all Berryhill teachers & faculty for excellence in all around student development.

Posted January 25, 2016
Absolutely the best school system around. Excellent educational opportunities & extra curricular activities. Same school system from pk to 12th grade.

Berryhill Es South 3

Posted November 30, 2015
It's actually comical seeing how stuck up some people of Berryhill school are. Your child will only fit in if they excel in sports/ cheer, your family was born & raised here, your parent is a teacher here, or if your family own a business and others can benefit off being your friend. You have to bring something to the table people want or you are written off. It's not just me who says this, others as well have complained about the school being so exclusive and some have even left because of it. Snoots are everywhere in all schools, but Berryhill is not big enough to have enough diverse kids with many interests. Ive seen many great kids who are just quiet, or socially awkward or have other interests, and they are not accepted. Its something to consider before moving into this district.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 08, 2015
I am very grateful to Mrs. Harbor for staying after class every Tuesday to tudor my daughter. Thank you for your time.

Posted October 08, 2015
I am at everyone of my child's school events if I can not make it my husband does. We try to make it a point to be involved as much as possible, To get to know the teachers, principal, ext. Our child was having problems keeping up in her class and her teacher stays an hour over every Tuesday to tudor her. Kudos to Berryhill. Also we wanted to get our daughter into cheer. We where not shure that we could afford it but we did and she loves it. The cheer squad and coaches treat her no different from the rest of the girls. We love Berryhill . We hope that our daughter graduates from Berryhill High School.

Berryhill Es South 3

Posted December 16, 2014
I'm torn. On the one hand, I think there are some great teachers and it's a wonderful small community. I feel like the teachers work hard to listen to parents' concerns and want the kids to succeed. But, I have a list of dislikes too. 1) There are cliques for sure and breaking into those is hard. 2) I really dislike how the sports' programs work. Kids who don't cough up hundreds of dollars to sign up don't get to play from a very young age instead of it being part of the PE program (which is actually divided between PE, Music and Library rotating that hour everyday). 3) The school is continually asking for money for everything from art projects to popcorn days to presents for teachers to parties. While some are voluntary, if the kids don't have money, they are excluded from some things. 4) Lunch breaks and recess are way too short (15 min each?). I've been with my kids at lunch and don't know how they eat it all when standing in line for their lunch is part of the 15 min. 5) Way too much homework. My kids have been in several schools never having this much. I'm torn about leaving due to those dislikes because I've seen them affect my children negatively.

Posted April 05, 2014
We love Berryhill schools. Great teachers, administrators and parents. It is a small community and I know that the teachers would do anything to keep my children safe. We would highly recommend this school!

Berryhill Es South 1

Posted March 29, 2012
The main focus is on the 'in crowd' and football. If your family didn't grow up here, then you aren't in the clique. There is a nice football field- but NO computer classes for elementary, NO gifted & talented program, and field trips average about 1 per year, or some years 0. Curriculum is mainly worksheets, repetitive & boring, with a learn it or don't attitude, very outdated styles of teaching and discipline. The staff does have high expectations for the students, but not many are willing to put effort into helping students reach the expectations. We've been extremely disappointed with this school.

Posted September 22, 2010
Berryhill Public Schools is a small district in a large city. Students get the attention needed to ensure success from grade to grade.

Posted July 12, 2008
I am very pleased with Berryhill Elementary. The Administration. teachers, staff, students and parents all work very well together. It feels like family! The daily behavior reports in Thursday folders are very informative. It is a system that is run throughout the entire elementary school and each child knows from the 1st day they attend Berryhill what is expected of them. Great school!! We love it!! Go Chiefs!!

3128 South 63rd West Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74107
Last modified Berryhill Es South is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berryhill Es South Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top