Tulsa, OK

Berryhill Es South 3

Posted December 16, 2014
I'm torn. On the one hand, I think there are some great teachers and it's a wonderful small community. I feel like the teachers work hard to listen to parents' concerns and want the kids to succeed. But, I have a list of dislikes too. 1) There are cliques for sure and breaking into those is hard. 2) I really dislike how the sports' programs work. Kids who don't cough up hundreds of dollars to sign up don't get to play from a very young age instead of it being part of the PE program (which is actually divided between PE, Music and Library rotating that hour everyday). 3) The school is continually asking for money for everything from art projects to popcorn days to presents for teachers to parties. While some are voluntary, if the kids don't have money, they are excluded from some things. 4) Lunch breaks and recess are way too short (15 min each?). I've been with my kids at lunch and don't know how they eat it all when standing in line for their lunch is part of the 15 min. 5) Way too much homework. My kids have been in several schools never having this much. I'm torn about leaving due to those dislikes because I've seen them affect my children negatively.

Posted April 05, 2014
We love Berryhill schools. Great teachers, administrators and parents. It is a small community and I know that the teachers would do anything to keep my children safe. We would highly recommend this school!

Berryhill Es South 1

Posted March 29, 2012
The main focus is on the 'in crowd' and football. If your family didn't grow up here, then you aren't in the clique. There is a nice football field- but NO computer classes for elementary, NO gifted & talented program, and field trips average about 1 per year, or some years 0. Curriculum is mainly worksheets, repetitive & boring, with a learn it or don't attitude, very outdated styles of teaching and discipline. The staff does have high expectations for the students, but not many are willing to put effort into helping students reach the expectations. We've been extremely disappointed with this school.

Berryhill Es South 0

Posted September 22, 2010
Berryhill Public Schools is a small district in a large city. Students get the attention needed to ensure success from grade to grade.

Posted April 06, 2010

Berryhill Es South 3

Posted December 23, 2009

Posted October 02, 2008

Berryhill Es South 0

Posted July 12, 2008
I am very pleased with Berryhill Elementary. The Administration. teachers, staff, students and parents all work very well together. It feels like family! The daily behavior reports in Thursday folders are very informative. It is a system that is run throughout the entire elementary school and each child knows from the 1st day they attend Berryhill what is expected of them. Great school!! We love it!! Go Chiefs!!

Berryhill Es South 1

Posted June 17, 2008
We have been terribly unimpressed by the lack of professionalism among the teachers and administration. With such a small district, there seems to be little or no accountability.

Posted February 22, 2008
We moved to Berryhill the year my daughter started Pre-K. My husband and I have been very impressed with the community, the care and concern the teachers have for the students, and the values of the school. It may seem small, but it is certainly refreshing just knowing that all teachers and staff have YOUR child's best interest at heart.

Berryhill Es South
3128 South 63rd West Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74107
Last modified Berryhill Es South is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berryhill Es South Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top