Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted September 21, 2015
My children and I love Mayo Demonstration. The principal knows every child by name and greets everyone each morning. The teachers are top notch and really care about each student. The nontraditional, hands on style of teaching is truly a blessing. Mayo is truly a great school!!

Mayo Demonstration Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 21, 2015
Both of my children absolutely love Patty Sowle - she is an amazing person and a great teacher, she is truly the best!!

Posted July 07, 2015
Mayo has changed school as we know it from a scary thing to a joyous thing. We love it!

Mayo Demonstration Elementary School 4

Posted March 23, 2014
I have one child at Mayo and one that has moved on to Thoreau. I think Mayo is a wonderful school. The teachers work really hard and put in so much of their own time to make sure they are presenting quality material. The only thing I would change is the grading system. My child was not prepared for middle school. She was not used to grades and the importance of them. Thoreau was a complete shock with the amount of homework especially in math. Please prepare our children for fractions and grades. I know that fractions are hard for their minds at this age but it will hurt them when they move on to middle school. Maybe introduce grades at the Armstrong level.

Mayo Demonstration Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2014
This school appears wonderful on the surface. I think for some students this is something fantastic. But it's not for all students. There is little accountability regarding homework, little communication between parents and teachers. The STEM program was something to be looked forward to this year. However, we now have 15 weeks left in the school year and we've yet to implement anything from the program at all. Unless you are a carefree family that can let things just kind of flow, this is not the school for you or your child. It is not for everyone.

Posted November 27, 2013
Mayo is a diverse community of active learners. The teachers are intellifent and professional, and beyond dedicated. With the implementation of STEM, the math and science focus will be fully realized. A hidden gem in TPS!

Posted November 26, 2013
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Mayo. The atmosphere is the most conducive to learning I have ever seen. The principal knows all the children by name and his involvement is unparalleled. The tribe model is a wonderful way for children to learn to work in teams and as mentors. The extended day program allows my child to participate in all the extracurricular programs we were involved in at our other school only now I don't spend our valuable evening time driving all over town. We came to Mayo after a less than desirable experience at another Tulsa School. We have seen a complete 180 turn in our child's attitude about school. He wants to go and loves to learn. We are so excited to be part of the STEM program at Mayo and look forward to more wonderful experiences here.

Posted November 26, 2013
I have three children at Mayo and I am very happy with the quality of education they are receiving. I feel that Mayo treasures the uniqueness of each child. My children love going to school.

Posted November 26, 2013
This school makes sure that kids are given as much attention as they need to make sure they get the information required to move successfully on to the next phase of every subject. The variety of learning styles are accommodated by teaching in the manner each child understands. The faculty is warm and generous, and excellent at communicating with the parents. I wish I could have attended a school like this when I was a kid, and I am so grateful that my daughter has the opportunity to experience it. It has given her a confidence level that every child should feel about learning and exploring. I highly recommend it as a safe and fun place to grow and learn. It's not your normal school. It is a community resource and hive of excellent people. Also, the PTA is wonderful, and definitely not the kind that makes you wonder what they do. It's all very awesome.

Mayo Demonstration Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2012
We moved our child while there was still time to help him. He couldn't read and had a hard time with math. The teachers blew hiim off. He is in a traditional classroom now, which has helped enormously. With tutoring, which should have been provided at Mayo, he has almost made up the year and a half he was behind. I would never send another child to Mayo.

Mayo Demonstration Elementary School
1127 South Columbia Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74104
Last modified Mayo Demonstration Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.