Bad
Good

My child just finished her Pre-K in June. She absolutely loves her school. Great teachers. Keep parents updated on what the kids' are learning at school each week. Principal and his assistant, along with all the other faculty members are very helpful. I know it's a great school when my child can't wait to go back in August.

Chouteau is a good school, but since the district changes, they have had an influx of students who have been into bullying. All three of my kids have had trouble with kids bullying them, including stealing, gross language, swearing, name-calling, threats, etc. I love Chouteau, but I am looking now for a school with kids who don't bully like this. I will say, Chouteau is trying to address these issues. Hopefully, they find a resolution soon.

I absolutely LOVE this school!! However the PTA lacks very much!!!! When ordering something from them, you do not always recieve what you order, therefore leaving you out of pocket for what you paid for and did not recieve! PTA members need to step up and learn organiztion! If you can not function as an officer for PTA you should not be one! Very upset that they did NOT even try to make it right or replace it!!! I recommend this school to everyone....just not the PTA!!

The best kept secret in Tulsa Public Schools... Chouteau Fine Arts Academy. With an API score of 1299, Chouteau Fine Arts Academy has the highest No Child Left Behind score among all Title I elementary schools in the district and is in the top 10% of all TPS elementary schools, along with the most selective magnet programs. We have five National Board Certified Teachers, two educators with Doctorate Degrees, eight teachers and two paraprofessionals with Master s Degrees, a full-time social worker, and a full-time counselor. We teach to the whole child and have an arts integrated curriculum.

I will really miss this school when my kids move on to middle school. I don't think my son would be going to Carver next year if it weren't for Chouteau. Love everyone there!!!

Great quality leadership. Friendly knowledgeable teachers. Respectful students. Non-threatening environment. Learning taking place. Even great After School Best kept secret in Tulsa.

I transferred my son to Chouteau in the first week of school. I am extremely impressed with Dr. Michael Burke, the principal. He is very involved with his school and seems to know each student on a personal level. The office staff and nurse attendant are professional and caring and since my son has a few health issues, this is very important to me. Dr. Smith, my son's teacher, is simply fantastic! The school employs strict rules, which I believe children need to thrive, but is very caring in the way that it maintains the rules. I feel secure that he is safe in the school when I drop him off each day, which is extremely important to me since my son is my life! My son's education and well-being are my first priorities, and Chouteau exceeds my expectations! Thank you Dr. Burke, Dr. Smith, and the rest of the fine staff!

Chouteau is, in my opinion, the best elementary school in Tulsa. I have visited many schools around town, and none of them have the cheery,clean and bright atmosphere that Chouteau does. The teachers are top notch and along with the extremely knowledgeable, friendly and helpful support staff I feel like my children are getting a private school level education for free! To bad Chouteau doesn't have a middle and high school too.

We transfered our son here 3 years ago,after watching test scores and reviewing the staff for a year.It's a wonderful public school with the feel of a small community.Our son does very well,as does more than the majority of his 4th grade class.Hats off to this great bunch of profesionals!

Last modified Chouteau Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.