East Central High School

Public | 9-12

Posted November 12, 2010

I am a class of 1969 graduate and believe that East Central deserves to win. My son is a 2001 graduate of ECHS.

Posted October 14, 2009

My second kid just started attending EC, They got a new and stricter principal. Dont get me wrong, I loved O'Malley, but he didn't enforce the rules. They have a great new rule list and things are changing for the better!

Posted October 29, 2008

The school is pretty much as easy as it gets when it comes to grades. I make straight A's pretty much through the year, pretty much by just doing the work. I sort of wish it was more of callenge to me, because I tend to slack off this year due to it being EASY to pass. The students are alright, some get a little annoying and the fights are pretty dumb, but over all i suppose its alright. The teachers I believe are push overs. I dont think they have adequate privileges they should have to punish students, save for a few I've had over the years, one of whom left last year :'(. Honestly, the same kids over and over, bring back the paddle? It won't bother me. Why? Because I don't do anything stupid. I give this school an average, but barely that. O'Malley is a great principal

Posted September 22, 2008

The principal at East Central obviously doesn't know how to control his students. This school is horrible

Posted October 24, 2007

East Central is one of the best schools! I love it!

Posted June 29, 2007

The School has imroved much in the last several years!

Posted May 27, 2007

I been associated with EC since 1997 and back then the school was a little rough but still had an open door policy(if a student,parent needed to talk they we're there for you)I served on the PTA board for several years and , I tell you being on the board and being involved with my youngest sons schooling at EC. Sure made a difference. to me Mr. Omally has done a 200 % change for the positive with the school. the secretaries,teachers and administration I give all a AA++. They deserve so much (Go cards gooooo )

Posted April 25, 2007

Overall E.C. is a Good School. My daughter is a current student and in the band. I for one am pleased with the Band/Sport/Extracurricular Activities they represent the school with pride. I think the Big Red Sound is a Fine Marching Band & Gives a Fine Concert every time they appear. Sure parents need to be more involved in their children's education/school, but that is everywhere. As for the teachers, a few bad apples don't spoil the whole batch. Most of my daughters teachers are doing a good job. Every time I have been in the school everything seemed fine. O'Malley is a fine principle he cares about the kids. This last year the Football Team/School Band/Girls Basketball Team/All Sports represented the school & their community with pride.

Posted February 23, 2007

I really love EC. I see parents complaining about it on here like crazy. Let me ask you this: What have YOU, PERSONALLY, done to change it? Have you talked to teachers? the principal? I didn't think so. Complaining on a website is not going to get anything changed, if you really want to make a difference: get involved. Most of the parents out there are in no way involved in their children's education, and yet they come here and complain. I am going to graduate class of 2009, and EC has been one of the best experiences of my life. If your child complains about the teachers not helping them, then maybe you should talk to the teachers about your child not participating in class. Don't always blame the teachers, the students are just as much at fault, probably more.

Posted February 18, 2007

East Central High School has been a great experience for me and my brothers.Even though the building needs some redecorating, overall its a great school.The athletic programs at this school are great.Im proud to be an east central cardinal!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 12, 2007

I'm currently attending East Central High School and the school is great they have a great staff and they deserve some credit. The sport programs at the school are awesome. I'm proud to be an east central cardinal!

Posted November 6, 2006

I have been going to EC since 97 when my oldest was there then I had my youngest son graduate from there. Mr. O'malley would give you every opportunity to help the student or parent to make the right choices. We as parents expect so much out of our kids. As far as I am concerned they all need a pat on the back! They are the one's that have to correct our children when parents give up at home because they are out of control.

Posted September 9, 2006

I currently have 2 students at EC and one that was in the class of 2003. For me, EC is great. The post talk about the administration lacking, Mr. O'Malley won one of five top administrators in the country by MetLife. My child, who was in the class of 2003, played sports, was in student council and many other activities. He is currently starting his senior year of college, and is planning on getting his MBA. I have watched the scholarship money continue to come in. An EC grad last year received a full ride to Harvard. You want a quality education, reach out & grab it. I know to many kids, if they had been at another school would not have excelled like they did at EC. The building is aging, but TPS needs to correct that. The sports complex is one of the best in the area. Go Cards!

Posted May 23, 2006

In short, East Central was a terrible experience for my student academically and socially. Save for the presence of a handful of outstanding teachers (no idea why they're working in such a slum), the school utterly lacks in guidance, discipline, pride, sanitation, safety, and academic quality. *Coaches doubling as teachers spend more time concerned with sports than actually teaching the subject at hand. One teacher had taught so little, for the final she sat the students around her and told them what answers to bubble in on their final. Not good education. *Distructive/disruptive students are not dealt with; I know kids will be kids, but for every surface of the school to be marked up with permanent marker is ridiculous; the defacing takes place during regular class time, when the students are allowed to practically riot instead of being instructed. The cycle has gone on so long, the teachers just don't have control.

Posted March 17, 2006

I think East Central is a pretty good school. Some would say the teachers are bad and don't care but I think it's both teachers and students. The overall attitude of the school is I don't care and I don't want to be here. So they constantly disrespect the teachers and it can wear them down. Some of the teachers there are below average but many of the teachers I have this year are wonderful. They give me many opportunities to receive help or understand. Other then that I believe is a pretty good school. Sports at E.C. are wonderful. I played footbal this year and I am not playing soccer. I have enjoyed playing for E.C. We've won 2 state championships in one year. The students are decently easy to get along with. Security is nice and tight. Overall I think East Central is an above average school. -Zach

Posted February 25, 2006

The courses that are offered are great,the art and extracurricular programs are great, they need improvement on their music programs and the parents are hardly involved
—Submitted by a former student

Posted October 9, 2005

I have been at EC for 3 years.I am now a Junior. Personally I do not like the teachers at the school. In most of the classes that I have been in the teachers have not taught me anything. With the acception of my math and family and consumer science teacher. Most of the teachers give you the work and it is up to you to learn it yourself. Kids are not going to learn that way. I am desperatly wanting to transfer out, so maybe somewhere else I can get an education.

Posted October 1, 2005

I personally, think east central is one of the best high schools i've ever gone to. The school has a great staff and they have great football players and sports to play.

Posted September 16, 2005

East Central Is a great school, and it is very educational. The teachers are informative and well educated, the building itself is also very well layed-out. I'm proud to be an East Central Cardinal! =)

Posted June 9, 2005

I was only able to stay at East Central for one semester, but that was long enough to see that students arent happy. Security needs improved, then it would be a great school.

Grade level

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 87% in 2013.

98 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 81% in 2013.

145 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 58% in 2013.

186 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 91% in 2013.

177 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III

The state average for English III was 96% in 2013.

162 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 89% in 2013.

163 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 81% in 2013.

152 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests End-of-Instruction (OCCT EOI) exams to test students in high school in several subjects. The OCCT EOI is a high school graduation requirement. The OCCT EOI exams are standards-based tests, which means they measure specific skills defined for each subject by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

Native American 8% 16%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 2%
Source: State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 195%N/A61%
Special education 216%N/A15%
Source: 1 NCES, 2011-2012
Source: 2 State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
Music
  • Band

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options

Arts & music

Music
  • Band
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

12150 East 11th St