Bad
Good

I am a class of 1969 graduate and believe that East Central deserves to win. My son is a 2001 graduate of ECHS.

My second kid just started attending EC, They got a new and stricter principal. Dont get me wrong, I loved O'Malley, but he didn't enforce the rules. They have a great new rule list and things are changing for the better!

The school is pretty much as easy as it gets when it comes to grades. I make straight A's pretty much through the year, pretty much by just doing the work. I sort of wish it was more of callenge to me, because I tend to slack off this year due to it being EASY to pass. The students are alright, some get a little annoying and the fights are pretty dumb, but over all i suppose its alright. The teachers I believe are push overs. I dont think they have adequate privileges they should have to punish students, save for a few I've had over the years, one of whom left last year :'(. Honestly, the same kids over and over, bring back the paddle? It won't bother me. Why? Because I don't do anything stupid. I give this school an average, but barely that. O'Malley is a great principal

The principal at East Central obviously doesn't know how to control his students. This school is horrible

East Central is one of the best schools! I love it!

The School has imroved much in the last several years!

I been associated with EC since 1997 and back then the school was a little rough but still had an open door policy(if a student,parent needed to talk they we're there for you)I served on the PTA board for several years and , I tell you being on the board and being involved with my youngest sons schooling at EC. Sure made a difference. to me Mr. Omally has done a 200 % change for the positive with the school. the secretaries,teachers and administration I give all a AA++. They deserve so much (Go cards gooooo )

Overall E.C. is a Good School. My daughter is a current student and in the band. I for one am pleased with the Band/Sport/Extracurricular Activities they represent the school with pride. I think the Big Red Sound is a Fine Marching Band & Gives a Fine Concert every time they appear. Sure parents need to be more involved in their children's education/school, but that is everywhere. As for the teachers, a few bad apples don't spoil the whole batch. Most of my daughters teachers are doing a good job. Every time I have been in the school everything seemed fine. O'Malley is a fine principle he cares about the kids. This last year the Football Team/School Band/Girls Basketball Team/All Sports represented the school & their community with pride.

I really love EC. I see parents complaining about it on here like crazy. Let me ask you this: What have YOU, PERSONALLY, done to change it? Have you talked to teachers? the principal? I didn't think so. Complaining on a website is not going to get anything changed, if you really want to make a difference: get involved. Most of the parents out there are in no way involved in their children's education, and yet they come here and complain. I am going to graduate class of 2009, and EC has been one of the best experiences of my life. If your child complains about the teachers not helping them, then maybe you should talk to the teachers about your child not participating in class. Don't always blame the teachers, the students are just as much at fault, probably more.

East Central High School has been a great experience for me and my brothers.Even though the building needs some redecorating, overall its a great school.The athletic programs at this school are great.Im proud to be an east central cardinal!

Last modified East Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.