Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Thomas Edison Preparatory High School 1

Posted June 15, 2016
worst school in tulsa ok, two many little clicks, two many problems, kids wonder the halls like they were at a social function. you go in ask quesiton and you can not even get an answere.. sometime you talk to the staff and they have no idea how to ansere your questions. they have a magnet progeam which simply devides the average with the so called smart. creates and atmosphere of class distinciton. my kids will not be back in edison next year...

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 27, 2015
I recently overhead a lecture from the athletic director emphasizing the importance of honestly and looking out for each other.

Posted August 27, 2015
I have been extremely impressed with the educational options as well as the sense of community and the overall kindness of my son's fellow students. I also like how much the athletic coaches emphasize student first then athlete.

Thomas Edison Preparatory High School 3

Posted September 05, 2013
Having moved from Ann Arbor, MI to Tulsa, OK several years ago, I have to admit that the public school system here is pretty abysmal. The general population in Tulsa is sorely lacking on the educational front. Fine Parenting is a rarity. Too often, parents rely soley on the public school system to teach their children the differences between right and wrong, left from right, and the most basic of social ediquette. Edison Prep. is an average American High School. It does it's job, but nothing more. I won't boast about how fantastic it is, but I will tell you this...our student is happy there. No longer bullied or picked on, he is making friends and working hard. We have rescued our teen from a bad situation. He has been out of school for almost 2 yrs. Getting him caught up this summer was a challenge, and it is a blessing in disguise that they have lowered expectations. He is doing surprisingly well, and I will be exceedingly proud to see him graduate from this school. I only hope, that when my own daughter is old enough to attend High School, that they raise the bar a little. I want her to be challenged; I want her to grow. Sincereley, A person who loves children

Posted April 01, 2011
As a prior montor and acting coach in the athletics department. I had some of the best years of my life working with MS and HS students in my son and daughters classes.The mindset and commitment to Edison and it's extracurricular activities are commendable.The parents are also the true force behind these events getting off the ground.The support systems are amazing and the time dedicated to the activities are ongoing.You need only ask,and these parents will deliver.This support is felt also in the students.A win win for the parents,students,and school.

Posted May 06, 2010
Post on February 29, 2008- I am glad that you enjoy tearing down Edison, but upon reading your grammar I don't think you have any room to talk! To large? If your in TPS? I went to Edison and graduate college next week! I am making good greats and don't feel disadvantaged to my friends who went to Union, Jenks, BA, or Owasso!

Posted November 20, 2009
this school is amazing.since my daughter has went there her grades have been inproving (:

Thomas Edison Preparatory High School 3

Posted March 10, 2008
decent school, but you're better off sending your kids to booker t. my son had a much better experience there than my daughter did at edison, and he got a significantly better education. edison has some bright students but the students overall attitude about learning seems to be quite poor.

Thomas Edison Preparatory High School 2

Posted February 29, 2008
Tulsa public schools are a bad place to put any child trying to get an education. The system is to large and your child becomes lost in the beauracratic shuffle. Every bad thing you can think of, from these educaters, happens at TPS. If you are moving to Tulsa to work or live, dont take a chance, move into an outlying district. Do your child a favor if your inTPS and move get out before something bad happens. I regret very few things in my life. I regret sending my kids to TPS. I am 50 and have two children.

Posted January 12, 2006
edison is so structured in the academic dept..mr mayfield is the best. the athletics (basketball)is awesome.coach neil is awesome..edison middle and high does not tolerate anything that brings down confidence..u can talk about any thing with mr. mayfield..positive or negative..hes open ..edison has the most school spirit ..in tulsa..hands down..proven..come see.

2906 East 41st Street, Tulsa, OK  74105
Last modified Thomas Edison Preparatory High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.