Memorial High School 5

Posted December 10, 2014
Our daughter started this year at Memorial. She is involved in many different activities as well as succeeding in all her AP classes. Several teachers are willing to help her after class and on the weekends. The students have shown nothing but courtesy toward us when we enter the school.

Posted April 28, 2014
My son graduated in 2013 from Memorial and my daughter is in the class of 2017. My son's four years saw a turnover of 3 principals and every one better than before. He had a wonderful high school experience and my daughter is also having a great experience. I am glad that my children chose to apply and got accepted to go to Memorial.

Posted June 09, 2012
I have had one child graduate from Memorial and one child there now. I have always found the office staff, administration and teachers most helpful and professional. Both of my children were in the Engineering Academy at Memorial. The AP classes have prepared both of my children for College. My oldest graduated in 4 years from OSU. Having had 18 college credits going into it thanks to Memorial's curriculum. My youngest is on the same path. Memorial is a neighborhood school where tradition of excellence continues in the classroom, as well as fine arts, athletics and clubs. You get out of High School what you put into it!

Posted June 06, 2012
The Engineering Academy at Memorial is nationally competitive. The basketball program there is one of the most respected in the state. MHS is a safe environment that gives you a slice of the real world. Honestly, you can get what you want out of this school or where you go. It is what you make of it. I am always helped in the office; I have no complaints and all good experiences. I have had one child graduate from Memorial and one attends there now.

Posted June 05, 2012
I have never been so disappointed with a school before in my life. From the time you walk through the front door till you are out, you hear vulgarities from students. The office staff treat you like you are a bother. If you need to reach someone, you can't . No one returns calls.When I pick up my child in the evenings I see so many students sneaking back onto campus. The campus police just turn the other way. (Except for one time because the boys started fighting, they had to intervene). My child tells me you can smell weed on half the students. This school is really a disappointment.

Posted July 17, 2011
My child goes to memorial, this is his senior year, I have been impressed with the special ed teachers, they really care for these kids and do all within their power to help them learn. Most teaching and administrative staff are easy to work with, if I have any questions or concerns I can go to almost anyone of his teachers and brainstorm possible solutions. The only negative I have to mention is that the Para' s they teamed up with my child would do his work for him instead of making him do his own work until the last few weeks of last year, they finally assigned him a para that made him do his own work and stay in class. I have hope that this year he will get better grades and get his diploma.

Posted April 29, 2010
When we went to enroll my niece the counsellor kept asking if we would allow them to test her for LD. She had been reading on a 12th grade level since 6th grade. I kept saying 'no.' She didn't even look at her transcript. Once we finally got her enrolled, she manipulated teachers all the time. Parent-teacher conferences were a joke. She finally got caught with pot and we pulled her out. I would never send a kid there again!

Posted January 29, 2010

Memorial High School 0

Posted August 28, 2009
I used to go there Freshman & Sophmore year and I absolutely love it!! Way more than Hale

Posted August 22, 2008

Memorial High School
5840 South Hudson Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74135
Last modified Memorial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Memorial High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top