Tulsa, OK
Students enrolled: 1,028

Nathan Hale High School 1

Posted May 05, 2015
Very disappointing to find out the high school and middle school both give partial credit for missing homework or projects in math and science. My son struggled with math and science and this school did nothing to help boost his skills. Math and science are the lowest performance areas for these two schools. Can we say 'Padding your scores" all under the rouse of a Finland study. You take away the partial credit for missing assignments and my son was failing as were the majority in the class. Administration is unprofessional and overall disappointing but TPS gets what it pays for. So, honestly what can you expect from a district with despicable superintendent leadership to support and motivate school administrators and teachers. Sorry TPS HALE we had to move from you district!

Nathan Hale High School 4

Posted July 21, 2013
I was a student until 2001 here. I have great memories of it all for the most part. I did feel,like others,that some of the teachers left something to be desired but I also had really great teachers who really put in full effort to help us understand and love learning. No school is going to have 100% staff that is completely amazing but I had great teachers. There was never any conflicts or issues with other students and if there was it was very quickly handled. I believe my daughter will attend here. I think the culinary program is an awesome addition but we have awhile and anything can change. I hate for a school to get a bad rep because of a few "bad apples".

Posted May 21, 2010
Great school. I wish all the children in this world could go here. The culinary arts program is great.

Nathan Hale High School

Posted November 05, 2009
Nathan hale high school is a good school. I have a 3.5 There. And if other people say that it's a bad school, is because we have students from everywhere to come and have a better education there. Our school is not bad school. If it is then why do we still have alot of students transfering there?

Nathan Hale High School 2

Posted February 08, 2008
Poeple think of Hale as a bad school and look down on the students, but you cant really judge the students unless you meet them yourself. Some of the teachers could challenge the students better, but for the most part its up to the student on how they want to remember their high school experience. Mr. Johnson has done a pretty decent job on trying to turn the school around.

Posted November 19, 2007
I currently go to Nathan Hale and it is not a bad school. People say that only bad and stupid kids go there but I know a lot of smart kids that go there and if you have kids that go there and you want them to be behaved them get them into the JROTC.

Nathan Hale High School 2

Posted April 24, 2006
I attended Nathan Hale 9th-12th grade. I look back on my experience at Hale as a negative one, for sure. Not only were the teachers completely incompetent, as a student, you couldn't go anywhere without constantly worrying about something of yours being stolen or someone wanting to 'mess' with something. The students were rude, undisciplined, (which unfortunately is a result of something far more substantial than what a public school could do for them, i.e. inattentive parents), and the overall morale of the entire place is a joke. Do not send your children here. It is a mere teenagers' daycare, where learning is not the top priority. I went to college completely unprepared and I blame Nathan Hale High School 100%.

Posted September 10, 2004
I'm not a parent but a 1998 graduate of Hale. I greatly enjoyed my years there and feel like I received a quality education. True enough, I was lazy and didn't make the best grades, but the teachers were as nice as could be. The leadership in general was great. I can't wait until my 10yr reunion.

Nathan Hale High School 3

Posted January 05, 2004
I graduated from Nathan Hale two years ago and was dissapointed with my education. The school building itself is OK, but some of the students and the faculty are not desirable. The general education is seriously lacking and I feel I was underprepared for college. The school could be better if more teachers cared about their students and provided relevant assignments.

Nathan Hale High School 4

Posted August 10, 2003
I have a son who attends Nathan Hale High School and our experience has been very pleasant. The school principal runs a 'tight' but 'fair' ship. The only thing I feel needs improvement is the parent participation, there seems to be about ten sets of parents in my son's class that do everything, which can be overwhelming to say the least. However, the classes are challenging and the teachers for the most part seem to really care.

Nathan Hale High School
6960 East 21st Street, Tulsa, OK  74129
Last modified Nathan Hale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nathan Hale High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top