Tulsa, OK

Remington Elementary School 1

Posted February 07, 2013
How anyone could write a good review on this school is beyond me. My daughter didn't advance for being smart, and was punished instead by not getting the opportunity to move up to a grade she was challenged in. This school is incredibly behind in education compared to other schools especially in southern Oklahoma. If you want everyone else to be smarter than your child then by all means take them to this school. Personally I want my daughter to excell in life and education so this school is a no go for me.

Remington Elementary School 1

Posted June 10, 2009
the school teachers where not so great my daughtor went there and its like a street school in the hood and had problems with other students that cussed her out please what ever you do dont take your child there

Posted June 09, 2008
My child has attended Remington for the past two years, she is in the gifted and talented program. I can not say enough about how this schools positive, challenging, creative staff of teachers and support personell has impacted my childs development. Not only as a student but as a whole person. In the past she was teased for being a nerd and did not really know how to play with her peers. Now she sees herself as happy. supported and special, not just smart. This school taught my child, who seemed destined for a life of social skills problems how to get along in the world by providing opportunities for her to work in teams. The children and staff here are a family and they support and encouraage each other. I will forever be gratefull for the knowledge my daughter has gained on so many levels. Plus the math rocks.

Posted June 03, 2008
My child has attended 2years now starting with the full-day Pre-K. We are entering our third year now and we are excited to see what comes in first grade. Even though there have been changes in staff here, i feel the safety of the children is a top priority with the new dismissal procedures. The staff work great together and the teachers have gone the extra step when my child was having problems in class. she went from possibly being retained to entry into the GT program! Breakfast in the Classroom is a wonderful addition, The younger kids use it as part of their curriculm. The wetlands/animals that live in/on the campus are wonderful learning tools. Addition of uniforms will be a great help by putting all the kids on a level playing field,it will help with separating the have from have nots.

Posted April 09, 2008
My child attended Remington from K-5th grade, including the gifted program. The environmental program is superb.

Posted March 28, 2008
Remington Elementary is a wonderful school. Unfortunately all schools are governed by people that are higher up. Principals are merely a piece of the puzzle that are controlled by others. Remington is diligently striving for excellence and safety. Programs are implemented to increase safety and continuity in the staff. The teachers view Remington as a family. They work tirelessly to provide structure and stability for a population that sometimes doesn't have anyone to help them get ready for school in the morning. As far as the 'arts' programs. I am ecstatic that my children attend here. They are exposed to not only natural beauty (the wetlands), but movement, and any other kinds of arts you can think of. They have been blessed with the support of Program CREATES which offers support to Title 1 schools for arts. To say that Remington has a week program or principal is simply not true.

Remington Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2008
I chose Remington for my child due to the gifted-talented program that was offered. I was surprised when we started to find a new principal who really doesn't seem to understand the mix of students very well. The introduction of uniforms seems much more for her own benefit than the benefit of the many students who are from economically challenged backgrounds. I feel that things are being changed that didn't need change, and the things that do need change are being ignored.....ie. teacher motivation, aid to the students that need it for self-esteem, bullying problems. As Remington is Tulsa Public School's only full day GT program, what is a parent to do? Where is the Superintendent's support for these children?

Remington Elementary School 2

Posted January 10, 2008
Remington use to be a wonderful school but so much since we have a new principal, she does not work well with Parents or the children we need an elementary principal not a drill sgt.

Remington Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2007
Remington is an excellent school with highly qualified teachers and administrators. The staff at Remington is a friendly, family oriented, close knit community who seek to involve parents in extracurricular activities. Gifted and Talented classes offer a more enriched environment welcoming students to think more creatively. Life skills are taught and practiced daily teaching self woth and worthiness of others. Remington has a great outdoor classroom which includes a wetland and nature trail. These are only a part of the great things happening at Remington.

Posted May 24, 2007
I found out about Remington Elementary from a small ad in the Tulsa World Newspaper while looking for a private school for my son who had tested as 'gifted' in 2005. I was so excited to see a public school supporting 'academically gifted' children by creating a full-time, enriching environment for those who think 'outside the box'. Now, our daughter has tested and received a perfect score on her gifted testing and I have every confidence that the teachers and staff at Remington will give her every opportunity for growth that has been given to my son. They teach not only academics, but also self-worth and self-confidence. Each staff member knows each child and the counselor, parent facilitator and principal take the time to bond with each child's family. God Bless this school for making our children First.

Remington Elementary School
2524 West 53rd Street, Tulsa, OK  74107
Last modified Remington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Remington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top