Posted August 20, 2013
This school was the best thing that ever happened to my son at that age. The staff in this school, from the janitors to the high admin staff was so kind and helpful to my son, who has special needs. I am so very glad that my son had the opportunity to learn and grow. The school nurse was a wonderful advocate for my son. I am forever grateful.

Posted March 12, 2010
Thoreau provides a very hands on learning enviornment. The students work in groups and are assigned many projects, not just reports and worksheets. My daughter is a 6th grader there and has excelled beyond my expectations. They have so many things to offer, it's hard to decide! The staff is caring and the discipline is handled effectively and swiftly. I cringe to think of my daughter having to go to another middle school in the Tulsa Public School system. Thoreau is the choice for me.

Thoreau Demonstration Academy 0

Posted October 20, 2009
I have two children at Thoreau. One with a learning disablity and one who excells in everything. At our previous school they treated my LD child differently not in a good way causing him to feel stupid in his words, at Thoreau he has been just as successful as my other child who never has any education problems. Thoreau has been such a great experience both of my children feel successful and intellegent. My son made the honor roll for the first time in his life his first semester at Thoreau and has continued to know he to is very smart. Thanks to the staff at Thoreau for all you do for our children.

Posted September 27, 2009

Posted September 07, 2009

Thoreau Demonstration Academy 1

Posted August 12, 2009

Posted July 28, 2009
Their is no better school than thoreau the kids and staff are all nice and willing to help anyone. My son likes so much better than cascia hall!!

Thoreau Demonstration Academy 1

Posted February 03, 2009

Posted November 19, 2008
thoreau is a great school. thoreau help me alot to get readly for life. Micro is away for student to get readly for life. we work, pay taxes, just like life it self. I'm taking a high school class with the teacher of the year. when i was in 6th grade i though that it would be a scary class, but my tacher made it to be a fun way to learn algbera. the teacher here and readly nice. they help me before and after school. the teacher have a fun way of teach us. thoreau is a great in sports. here we have football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, golf, tenis, and clubs. thoreau made life not that scary no more. if you want your kid to be readly for life they should go to thoreau

Posted September 30, 2008

Thoreau Demonstration Academy
7370 East 71st Street, Tulsa, OK  74133
Last modified Thoreau Demonstration Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thoreau Demonstration Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top