Tulsa, OK

Eliot Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2014
The administration and front office staff and attitudes have greatly improved over the course of the last year at Eliot. Teachers are great, but I do feel like my daughter could be challenged more academically. Overall they do a great job and offer art, music, and computers, in addition to classroom work. The parent cliques exist, and it is most likely due to the fact that they volunteer a lot and do a lot together. It is not a problem unless they act like certain school rules don,t apply to them. I think the new principal will not let that happen. Overall, parents who care and want their children to have a good experience.

Eliot Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2012
Some Great Teachers! Terrible administration and clicks are worse than a high school among the parents and even some kids. My child was told he had ADD, he does not after being tested; big stigma against active boys here. Any complaints and you are labeled along with your child for all six years. Glad to be leaving this school.

Eliot Elementary School 1

Posted May 27, 2011
I am writing this shortly before the end of my son's first grade year - his last year at Eliot. I am sorely disappointed in this school, and the only good thing I can say is that we loved his kinder teacher. However, when speaking to the administration for support, we were dismissed, the secretary and registrar in the office are most often rude and equally dismissive, even the counselor was of little help His first grade teacher a true nightmare. I would like to be kind and say she taught him what he needed to know, but she did not feel the need even to make that effort. He learned to read, write and do math at home. I may as well have home-schooled. My son has turned from sunny and carefree to angry and defiant. We are bitterly disappointed and now I am angry, as well. No parent likes to see their child treated unfairly. We attempted to work with his teacher - she self-diagnosed him with ADHD, so we finally agreed to take him to a specialist to be medicated (we knew he was) at her request. We have switched him from one medication to another and she has never been happy. I am done with her complaints and treatment of my child - good riddance, Eliot.

Posted April 08, 2011
My daughter is now in 1st grade at Eliot, and she loves the school and we are very happy with her progress. She had Mrs. Sicking for Kindergarten and has Mrs. Bean for 1st grade and loves them both. Mrs. Sicking has now moved into the Art teacher position, which made my daughter happy that she gets to see her this year also. There are many parents who are very involved in the PTA and in the classroom. Each classroom volunteer must submit a back-ground check before volunteering. I am a full-time working Mom, and I volunteer when I can. The last project I helped out with was the Eliot Auction and I was made to feel welcome by the other parents. I do see a little of the cliques, if you want to call it that. The same parents tend to volunteer and they seem to become friends. Who wouldn t want a great friendly working relationship at work? I do agree with after care. I would like to get my child into after care so she could go to Lego club, and take the art and Spanish classes after school, but their space is limited and we have been on a waiting list all year. My daughter is picked up by a local daycare after school at 3:00, so she misses out on the extras.

Posted October 17, 2010
Eliot Elementary is an oasis in TPS. Excellent principal, teachers and parents. The PTA is excellent. The last three years of leadership were excellent and this year is proving the same. Some parents seem to volunteer over and over ---- they do it because there are parents who are unable to because of work commitment. There are volunteer opportunities at all levels. Just taking the day off to go on a field trip is so rewarding. Principal slowly embraces change with forethought... that is good, the boat doesn't rock but, there is well thought change as it makes sense. Students that graduate from Eliot are well prepared to go into Edison Magnet, Holland Hall, Monte Cassino and Cascia etc. Eliot is an excellent school.

Eliot Elementary School 0

Posted April 23, 2010
I am not sure what the rave is about. It is a marginal school at best. The teachers are just collecting a paycheck, the principle is out to lunch, the after school borders on dangerous. I have seen children pushed by teachers, called terrible names and learn nothing. The parental involvement borders on disruptive and everytime you turn around the PTA has their hand out asking for more money or supplies..It is a joke of a school.

Posted September 11, 2009

Eliot Elementary School 0

Posted February 12, 2009
I have to agree. I have a child with ADHD and the services offered by the school are sub-par at best. Eliot's hand-off approach to dealing with parent's issues does not help the school grow and improve. The only reason this school is as good as it is is b/c of the parental involvement. If the parents were not involved this would be an ordinary school in the district. The teachers are not pushed to do better and the principal is complacent. I do not think the classes are filled to capacity - has anyone looked at the class size at Jenks lately? 20 kids to a class is quite small, but even at that a child with special needs gets lost in the shuffle. the school has no interest in helping them at all.

Posted November 14, 2008
well it's been 6 yrs since I wrote the 1st post and now I'm back. I agree for the most part the school is great...lots of cliques....principal has no clue but I do believe my son has had the best a public school can offer and thats all I can ask for as a parent.

Posted May 14, 2008

Eliot Elementary School
1442 East 36th Street, Tulsa, OK  74105
Last modified Eliot Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eliot Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top