Bad
Good

I have had my children at Grimes for the past 3 years and I have to say that I'm worried about how the upper grades teachers handle the students. But the first and second grade program is wonderful! We have gone through 3 different principals and although the PTA involvement is improving, the sense of community is not because we are not allowed to congregate after school due to lack of parking with Eisenhower now open next door.

My son attended Grimes for 2 years, and I was never once informed of when and where a PTA meeting would be. I was told 'someone would call me' or 'call back later'. I had been very active at his old school and wanted to help, but that just isn't an option here. Too bad, because the principal is awesome, although I wasn't blown away by the staff.

When I first walked into Grimes 6 years ago I sighed once inside the door, I knew this school was the right choice. I had been online researching schools and when I pulled up Grimes School that was the end of my searching. My son is Autistic and I was looking for a small school so he wouldn't be so over-whelmed. He loved it, he never complained about being bullied, the kids seemed to embrace him and would watch over him. My daughter has spent all of her elementary years at Grimes and she loves it, she loves the staff and Principal Baldwin.The principal and the staff are always friendly and anxious to help in anyway. I tell everybody I know about Grimes, the school and staff have truly been a Blessing to our family.

Grimes Elementary has wonderful teachers who provide a real variety of learning activities on a limited budget. The students show a real love for their school and display excellent social and academic skills.

Grimes has very involved teacher/parent participation. Principal is very approachable and accommodating. Office staff very friendly and helpful.

My children have been attending Grimes for the past 4 years. I have been very pleased with the teachers at Grimes. They are all very positive and kind! A great little school!

Grimes is one of the best kept secrets in the Tulsa Public School system. It's like getting a private school education on a public school dime. I would highly recommend Grimes to any family and do!

I moved my daughter out of a Magnet school to join Grimes in third grade, this was a hard move for her but within two days she was settled in and just loving school again. My youngest son is currently in first grade and tells me all the time how he loves his school. The teachers at Grimes are awesome, they really care about the children and go above and beyond to help the children do their best. The principal is always around talking with the children and greeting the parents and Bobby in the office is always on hand to help with any questions. I have been so blessed to find this school and both of my children are receiving an excellent education in a loving and caring atmosphere. Thankyou to all of you at Grimes.

Last modified Grimes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.