Patrick Henry Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted December 28, 2012

Mrs Bethany Henretty is phenominal !! She has taught my Granddaughter above and beyond expectations! She has an amazing gift !! thank you !! We love this school because of her !! 5 stars for her !!!

Posted November 9, 2012

Miss Panchoo is phenomenal. She is truly a talented teacher and should be an administrator. She has had all three of my kids and I cannot stop singing her praises!

Posted September 29, 2010

Because of Mrs. Michelle Owens!!!

Posted December 11, 2009

My 3 children have been at Patrick Henry thoughout grade school. All the teachers and Mr. Depalma are wonderful

Posted August 13, 2009

I have been an involved PH parent for five years and have enjoyed every minute. Great faculty and PTA! They all truly care about our children.

Posted February 17, 2009

My six year old son goes to Patrick Henry for two years now. Last year we had a rough year he had medical issues and was taken completely out of kindergarten to be at home for the whole rest of the year. I was worried about them flunking my son. He got to go back to school starting the first grade without any questions asked. My son is extremely smart and patrick henry helps with that. They make sure they give my student the best qualified schooling possible. I love when my son comes in and tells me how much he loves his school. The teachers are great the counseling and the principle is amazing. They are very personable and professional. Mrs.Meister Joshua's teacher makes sure he gets the one on one attention. I am looking forward to my other son to go there next year. Thank you Patrick Henry!

Posted April 10, 2008

We moved to Tulsa from a small town with a school that was not adequately meeting my child's needs. I expressed my concerns to the faculty of PH, who assured me I had made the right choice for my daughter. She is excelling in many areas and has taken an interst in extracirricular activities that were not offered at the other school. If I had to do it all over again I'd choose PH hands down.

Posted September 13, 2007

Patrick Henry is a great school and getting better every day! The faculty there is amazing! Every one of my child's teachers have really connected with her, given her one on one attention and customized her instruction to meet her needs. They also have a wonderful gifted and talented program! The principal has an open door and is very supportive of parent involvement. The PTA works hard to include all parents and has improved many areas of the school. We love it there!

Posted April 24, 2007

As a teacher who has taught in both the private and public sector in many states throughout the United States, I have to agree that PH is a terrific school with dedicated professionals! I have very rarely observed a negative attitude from a teacher towards a child. In fact, quite the opposite. I've observed consideration, friendliness and most especially compassion!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 21, 2007

Patrick Henry is a great school. We have wonderful teachers. Our new principle Mr.DePalma is a great asset to our school.

Posted April 21, 2007

I am not only an parent of a Patrick Henry Student and a member of the PTA, I am also an allumni of Patrick henry. I find that although I don't always agree with the choices that are made, I have always been given the highest level of respect from everyone affiliated with Patrick Henry. I also feel like my child is being given the absolute best education that could be available to him. Not only does he get terrific group relationship practice from the many activites offered at P.H., but he also gets lots of one on one time with his teachers.

Posted April 21, 2007

As a Kindergarten parent of a child with special needs, I have been overjoyed with the love and support that both me and my child have received at Patrick Henry Elementary. It never fails, without exception, when we enter the doors at school every morning, my son is greeted by smiling children and staff memebers, each calling him by his name, with an amazing amounts of hugs and high fives. I am sure as with any parent, there are ups and downs the first year of public school; but I have found Mr DePalma to be very approachable, reasonable, and fair. I have a great deal of respect for our Principal, and PH is very lucky to have such a strong leader. Our PTA has welcomed me with open arms and I am looking forward to a very successful year next year, with the onset of many many positive changes.

Posted April 19, 2007

Patrick Henry has made huge improvements this year. I see children on the playground every time I pass the school - a huge improvement. The atmosphere is more relaxed and children are allowed to socialize when appropriate. Children are learning to be responsible citizens through monthly community service projects and a wonderful group of parents has made great progress raising funds for new playground equipment, including equipment for special needs students. No school is perfect but I am very proud to have my children at Patrick Henry.

Posted April 12, 2007

We have never regretted our decision to transfer our son from Grissom (which is a great school that we loved) to Patrick Henry. I am impressed with the high experience level of the teachers, I think Mr. De Palma is a great new principal and I have enjoyed getting involved in the PTA. It is school where parents, teachers and administration work together. The mutual respect and cooperation of these three groups make Patrick Henry a great environment for our child's education. The school has a great music program which includes orchestra for 3rd, 4th and 5th grades. Even Kindergartners go to music everyday. Regular art instruction and PE are part every grade's schedule and kids DO have regular recess at lunch. I've seen them! The library is a very welcoming and busy place with special fun reading programs and a variety of media instruction. We're very pleased with the school.

Posted February 23, 2007

I was hopeful to see some positive changes at Patrick Henry with the new principal this year. The start of the year was promising but as we got further in the year, things started to go back near to what they used to be. My child started off the 2006/07 school year with recess every day before lunch and now gets recess a couple of times a week and it is usually right before they go home - what's the point.

Posted September 19, 2006

This is our first year with this school.And at the beginning I have to say I was almost Sorry for not doing a district transfer.My Daughter has really come to love her new found classes she has here.she is very out going and Patrick Henry seems to offer more things for the Children to be involved in.I know I spent 3 years on a PTA board at our other school and made a lot of friends and I have now joined PTA at Patrick Henry they have really got it together.The only problem I see is Lunch is very rushed for the Children.But from the learning end all I can say is Way To Go for this school.

Posted September 9, 2006

Class size is unacceptable. Curriculum seems adequate. Test scores are satisfactory and no real reason for concern. Discipline is commensurate with district which generally can be better - this though seems to be the times we live in. Extracurricular activities are fair but again people the school is not the problem - what is taught is what is mandated by state tests and entry requirements into middle school - there are only so many hours in the school day. Parental involvement is fair but lets face it - the same parents seem to do it all. They are the same ones at PTA meetings and assemblies and the same ones who volunteer. It seems to be a subset of the other 75% of their parents who are unhappy enough to complain. Generally US teachers are dedicated hardworking martyrs and philanthropists - Pat. Henry is no different.

Posted August 20, 2006

I think the children might have problems as they get older socializing. They do not have one single opportunity to make choices on their own. They have to be extremely quiet in the lunchroom, during lunch. That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. That is supposed to be there free time, which they have very little independent time as it is. A lot of the teachers are very harsh and rude towards the students. I don't think anything gets accomplished by yelling at the students and should not be tolerated. It is unacceptable behavior from a teacher. And I don't think the students should be subjected to such behavior and think that by yelling they can get their way. But, the curriculum is wonderful and I am impressed.

Posted March 1, 2006

We had a horrible experience at Patrick Henry. the place radiates unhappiness. Teachers and staff are sharp and frowning. We transferred out as soon as we were able.

Posted September 27, 2005

My only complaint is the children need regular outdoor recess time. I think this is very important to children both physically and socially. I think we all understand what I mean by physical, the social aspect would be that they have the chance to interact without an adult looking over their shoulder. This gives children a chance to do the right thing on their own and learn how to interact in an open social environment. This is as important as all of the other school carriculum. How can we expect the kids to grow up and be confident in their actions if the have not had this opportunity to learn how to interact with others in a open environment. Like I said before this is my only complaint and we are in year two at Patrick Henry!

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2012.

64 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2012.

64 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2011-2012 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, grades 5 and 8 in science and writing, grade 5 in social studies, grade 7 in geography, and grade 8 in U.S. history and government. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2012.

43 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

43 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 91% in 2012.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

57 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 65%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3820 East 41st St