Bad
Good

Posted March 28, 2015
My grandson is in Mr. Foremans class and he is an amazing teacher! We fought to keep him this year and that was the best thing TPS could have done!! He has taught my grandson all the things a kindergartners should know then some! I am praying my younger grandson is in his class next year!!!

Posted November 27, 2014
Excellent faculty! Mrs. Simpson is a great principal, much better than previous one(s). I have been affiliated with Hoover for almost 25 years. The volunteers there are wonderful, and work with the kids.

Posted June 15, 2014
I love this school my grandson was really below average in his academic 's when he came to this school. However the teachers & mentors & counselor are awesome! They worked so hard with my grandson and my grandson worked hard as well and I'm so proud to say he is at the top of his class. They have great teacher's that actually care about the students! Thank you to everyone at hoover for making a difference in my grandson's education.

Posted May 20, 2014
This school for the most part has been good to us.... But Very unhappy with the follow up/thru process on dealing with problem children/bullies.

Hoover Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2014
I went to the school back in the early90's 3rd grade 5th and now my son had went to that school started 3rd .considering I met the best friends I'd ever know.My kid would come home with no homewor several weeks.,his agenda was barely wrote in. there's no homework hardly ,he was confused about what he was learning and frankly I was even more confused, I spoke with the teacher and the outcome wasnt good either, because she could never give me a direct answer.after watching the outcome of the situations awhile and the grades he was getting we're just unacceptable.I decided what was best for my son and move him to another school .within a short. time my son has made honeroll and is doing very very well indeed and he loves going to school and I love that he made the honor roll . .. So my review gives them and 1 star and they're lucky to get that be aware Hoover Elementary it will dumb down your kid.and whoever rated this school at five star and some of the other schools lower didn't Hoover is he there set the standards really really

Posted July 01, 2013
I think they have a good thing going until the kids hit 2nd grade at that point all is lost! That is unless you have a child who understand everything the first time and does not struggle at all. If your child is a self teacher then they should be ok. However, if your child needs clear instructions and caring teachers this isn't the school for you.

Posted May 09, 2013
My son has mild Autism and we have had nothing but problems from this school. First grade Ms. Harney was horrible and now in third grade the teacher put tape on his mouth when he was talking too much. I have had to threaten lawsuits against the school to get anywhere and they are very slow to take action on anything. I am looking into moving him to another school next year due to all the problems.

Posted April 24, 2013
Hoover has a great pre-k special education and autism program. My son has PDD and has improved more than we could ever expect. Kathy Davis and her assistants are wonderful teachers and I would recommend this class to anyone with a child who has autism or other special needs.

Hoover Elementary School 4

Posted October 07, 2012
Our son started attending Hoover last year for Pre-K and is now in Kindergarten. His Pre-K teacher (who is no longer there) reassured us that the kids who were learning a little faster would be given an opportunity for extra classroom study time...this was not the case...instead we heard about how she was always yelling or had YouTube music videos up on the overhead for the kids to dance to. I felt like we lost a year and he was much further ahead in his Mother's Day Out program in TX the year before. This year he has Mrs. Kearney for Kindergarten and we LOVE her. She challenges the kids and his reading is really taking off. For Pre-K, ask for Mrs. Walner (wish we had her!), then Mrs. Kearney for Kindergarten. PTA and parents are extremely involved and very supportive of the school and teachers. Great School!

Posted June 01, 2011
I couldn't be happier with the education my children received at Hoover. Teachers are very involoved. Academics are high, as are moral and character expectations. Communication between teachers and parents is phenomenal. Children are met at their level. Two of mine are bright and were given ample opportunity to excel in the Kaleidoscope program for gifted and talented children. One of mine struggled with reading. The special attention he received and the positive, nurturing attitude of the teachers and tutors helped him reach his personal best. Hoover offers chorus, chess club, running club and an Asian enrichment program. They are one of the few elementary schools that participate in the China exchange program. Most of the faculty goes above and beyond to ensure a positive experience for students. Special kudos to Mr. and Mrs. Karlskint and Ms. Getter for making education fun and interesting, drawing the kids out and valuing their thoughts and opinions. After 7 years dealing with the excellence of Hoover, it has been difficult to get used to the below par middle schools Tulsa has to offer. I didn't know how good I had it and will always miss interacting with the Hoover family.

Hoover Elementary School
2327 South Darlington Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74114
Last modified Hoover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoover Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top