Tulsa, OK

Key Elementary School 2

Posted August 27, 2014
This school has been never ending problems since my children have been enrolled. My son attending pre-k was probably the only year we went without any issues- His teacher that year was fantastic. When I try to call and talk to the principal about issues that arise, he is- every single time- "in a meeting and will call me back". This never happens, which in its own is incredibly frustrating. They have boarded my half blind son on a random bus last year and then dropped him off on his own in the middle of a random neighborhood - during this time they were searching for him telling me repeatedly not to call the police, as they would find him. My daughter has been so stressed about homework that she can't sleep - she is SEVEN- and then gets in trouble and has to clean bathrooms because she fell asleep in class. I am pulling my children out of this school immediately, whatever it takes.

Posted January 23, 2012
I am an elementary principal in Indiana. my grandson is a PreK student in this school. I have visited this school several times as a grandparent. I have been very pleased that they are very child centered and have many programs in place to meet the social and academic needs of students. Teachers are outside of their doors each day greeting students and the principal is highly accessible. My grandson's teacher is extremely approachable and has had a great amount of professional development. She has gone above and beyond to work with my grandson who is the youngest in the class. Children in the school are involved in their school day by raising the flag, being a safety patrol, and hosting special events. The principal is well versed in data and standards based instruction. I see many great happenings taking place at Key Elementary.

Posted June 15, 2010
I have enjoyed having my child at this school since pre-K. She has loved every teacher. My husband and I have felt the same way. The principal and staff have always listened to any concerns that I have ever had with a caring heart. My second child will be starting Key soon and she can't wait. On another note, the PTA is really a great place to meet other parents and get involoved in the school.

Key Elementary School 2

Posted May 22, 2010
At first I would have agreed with the other reviewers of this school, but one teacher was so hard on my son that his grades began to drop and have continued to drop as the teacher followed him from one grade to the next and in a meeting that was held with said teacher, the principal and several other teachers this teacher lied to my face about the many notes and messages I had sent for the teacher to call me to discuss my son. I am taking both of my children out of this school, not just because of this one teacher but also because of the condescending attitude of the principal when I tried to voice my concerns.

Posted October 29, 2009

Posted January 22, 2008
My children went to this school for three years. Altougth we are not there this year, we did enjoy our time. A wonderful school with teachers that sincerely care!!! We miss it lots!

Posted November 23, 2007

Posted October 21, 2006
Our children have been in five school systems over the past ten years, including private, Christian, and public school. Key Elementary is by far the best school experience that we have had. My husband and I know without a doubt that we have allies in the teachers that instruct our children and have been thrilled with the individual attention that they have received from all of the faculty. We've been at Key for three years now and hope to finish out our elementary years with our children under the loving guidance of the creative, personable, and intelligent teachers of Key. We feel as if our children spend each day with family and want to keep it that way!

Posted August 26, 2006
This may be the best school in the district. We have been at Key since my oldest was in pre-K. That was SEVEN years ago. The teachers have watched my kids grow and flourish. I am SOOOOO happy to finally have my youngest in Mrs. Bush's Kindergarten.

Posted May 30, 2006
This school has the best parent/teacher involvement. We attended this school k-5 and loved every minute of it.

Key Elementary School
5702 South Irvington Avenue, Tulsa, OK  74135
Last modified Key Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Key Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top