Lee Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted January 15, 2013

My son is a first grader at Lee. We have been very pleased with our experience. His kindergarten year was filled with hands on learning which allowed the teacher to teach to each student at their learning level. In first grade we have found the school willing to differentiate our sons educational experience to meet his needs. The principal and teachers care about the quality of education each student receives. The schools behavior standards result in a student body that is respectful and well behaved. The school has a great community and draws students from the local neighborhood as well as transfer students from across the city which creates a diverse learning environment. There is strong parent involvement which partnered with a highly motivated principal and strong teaching staff creates a school. Over the past several years a number of students have transferred to Lee from "elite" private schools. These students find Lee to be a challenging experience which they love. We looked at a number of schools before chosing Lee. We made our choice because we felt it was a strong community school that would meet the learning needs of our children.

Posted November 13, 2011

The teachers were mostly great but I am convinced my son has a learning disability and its been 2 years and he has not been tested even though he has been retained twice. They keep telling me it will happen but they have been saying this since last fall. His teacher this year is great but I'm afraid he has suffered there from lack of real help over the years. I am afraid that he may not recover if I keep him here. They also are not really teaching things like science and history and art is non-existent. The focus is mainly on Benchmark testing. I know this is true of all schools but this has been devastating for a child who loves science and art so much. Also, in K he was bullied daily and nothing was ever done about it. I was told I could not contact the parents of the bullies and that they would handle it. It never was "handled" and it continued all year. I guess there is one silver lining to be retained since the bullies are not in his grade anymore. If Lee is really one of Tulsa's best, then we are in trouble.

Posted July 30, 2009

This school has much to offer. It has teacher groupings that are gossiping and that are noticable to many of us PTA members. The school should work as a team and not bow to the wishes of all testing results. Test scores are the main concern and not children. If you have a special child take them to a private school.

Posted April 17, 2009

Lee Elementary has an amazing faculty and staff! Lee has a new principal that is taking Lee in a new direction! The caring energy at Lee is what makes it a truly great place to be. Visiting the school is the best way to see it for yourself!

Posted December 7, 2007

Lee is an excelent school. The teachers are great and the principal is super. I am able to send my child to private school, but chose Lee after looking at several private schools in Tulsa. Lee is the best and I couldn't be more pleased! My son has learned so much and is performing way above his grade level.

Posted December 4, 2007

This is our first year at Lee after having all four of our children in another Tulsa elementary school during the past 16 years. It's the best decision we could have made. Lee is a great place to be.

Posted June 23, 2007

I would also agree that Lee is not the place for a child with a disability. My son was there for K and 1st grade. He has ADHD and a non verbal learning disability and was never offered an IEP program. He is much happier now in a private school for children like him.

Posted April 30, 2007

Lee has great, caring teachers and a wonderful active PTA. It is no secret that Mrs. Atcheson, the principal, is a driving force behind the success of Lee. My daughter has been at Lee two years and has had a wonderful experience. I can't say enough of the caring community of teachers and staff. Lee is definately a great well-rounded school!

Posted December 19, 2005

My family really appreciates the fact that all students at Lee go to the music class and that Lee has an art teacher and a PE teacher. Lee goes the distance in reading, math, science and social studies while keeping these other important classes as a part of the curriculum. At Lee, education really is about educating the whole child!

Posted July 22, 2005

I had two children who attended Lee. My son has special needs & while I do agree that Lee does have as excellent academic program, I was amazed at how they mishandled my sons potential need for an IEP and his need for accomodations in the classroom. Some of his teachers worked very hard to accomodate him & he did indeed excel, however when it came to the principal & a few other teachers it was a constant battle. It was always amazing to me that even after educating them, they still treated him like it was an inconvience and he was a problem. Since we have moved to another Public School I have seen even more how inappropriatly they had handled his education. I would not recommend Lee for any child with a special need or disability.

Posted May 6, 2005

Overall, Lee Elementary has high standards in education, quality of teachers, and assistance for ENROLLED students. Parental participation is excellent. The 'bully factor' was not well addressed or handled. Overall, very good. When my son left Lee Elementary to be homeschooled on doctor's recommendation, the school failed to put forth effort to encourage or assist me. In fact, the entire mood changed toward us, and my son and I were made to feel like outcasts. Other kids outside the school were welcome to join in extra-curricular activities; my son was asked to quit coming. Regretfully, Tulsa Public Schools let me down.

Posted March 4, 2005

My son is in his third year at Lee and my husband and I couldn't be happier. He is reading far beyond his grade level and he has such a love for learning because the teachers and staff make this school such a great place to be! Lee has a very active PTA and offers lots of activities for students and their families. I wouldn't think of sending him (or my other future grade schooler) anywhere else in Tulsa!!

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

38 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

49 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

49 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 77% in 2012.

52 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 66% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 49%N/A61%

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1920 South Cincinnati Ave